Sponsored by:

Help THE CORVETTE FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help THE CORVETTE FORUM

Some actions that have taken place as of late has brought me to the point of actually trying to sort things out and put them down for people to think about and if so inclined to reply to in such a way that would be beneficial for this good forum.

The first of my thoughts are pretty darn simple. Before I joined this site I read many threads and out of these threads was a quality that brought me to the point of joining this Corvette Forum. And that point was that even though there were many people on this site that come from all walks of life and locations throughout the world people would do there best to help each other out and would share there wisdom and expertise not only about our beloved Corvette but also for any other troubles another forum member maybe going through at that time and selflessly extend there friendship in times of need. Which actually makes a bond and with that comes trust in each other to do what is right and just.

The second thought is that as of late there have been many fights and misunderstandings among members of which just confounds me to behold such things with our group. As the old saying goes it takes a village to raise a child. So this forum is actually our small village of which we need to protect and keep just for all the good members here. To that end yes there have been some members that did not join this site for camaraderie or information but for the all mighty dollar. I understand this but also feel sorry for these few people that have done so as they miss out on the best part of the forum and that is a brotherhood of people who actually care not only about there hobby but about the condition of other members.

Since this is our beloved village of which we need to protect if you notice a post that is wrong please just inform the person doing this in a nice way that they should think about changing what or how they go about saying what they are trying to convey to someone else to lessen the amount of argument and stress among the good members here. If this person does not take this encouragement to do the right thing then inform a moderator or administrator till the situation is corrected. And with this in mind if someone has not treated another forum member just and the situation has not been corrected then other members should be informed of there lack of following through and in this way you will protect the innocent and unknowing of pending problems that may become a reality of which would make them see the forum in a bad light.

So fellow forum members think on this if you would as there is no hurry to reply. Just something to contemplate on and if you feel the need please include your thoughts to bring this forum back to its center.

If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Oh heck...I thought it was gonna be a thread about becoming a forum supporter with MONEY.

Dep
Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

My Mamma always said, "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". Wise Mamma.
Bee Jay
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 PM
1ARACE
Burning Brakes

Way I see it, it's like a bunch of guys (gals too ) hanging out in the garage talking cars and joking around, when you post something you should think to yourself...would I say this if I were standing there in person with them...that should pretty much tell you if your post is 'appropriate' to the situation.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I hear ya Shakes. A wise man you are, and a gentleman.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:23 PM
ccs96
Pro

St. Jude Donor 06-'07

Originally Posted by 1ARACE
Way I see it, it's like a bunch of guys (gals too ) hanging out in the garage talking cars and joking around, when you post something you should think to yourself...would I say this if I were standing there in person with them...that should pretty much tell you if your post is 'appropriate' to the situation.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you. Sometimes all you have to do is type something and someone will find wrong in it. That's not good, but people are people. I personally just try to take it all with a grain of salt. But every once in a while it's nice to put someone who's being an **** in his place if he is being an aggressor towards other forum members, if it's unfounded or uncalled for. Other than that, I see no reason to do anything other than what Shake has said and that's to just diplomaticaly let a guy know that their point of veiw, statement or expression isn't as it should be.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

SHAKERATTLEROLL: I was wondering...can you be a bit more specific about "as of late there have been many fights and misunderstandings among members". I've been "away" for a couple of weeks and seem to have missed a lot. WHO exactly was fighting and misunderstanding what? Or is this just a shotgun blast at the forum in general? You don't have to name names, but threads would be helpful

Dep
Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 PM
82MDVette
Drifting

I totally agree. This same topic was brought up on a thread not to long ago and most agreed. However, we always seem to end up back at the same topic and nothing changes. I have only been a member for a couple of years and have seen the deteriation. I guess this Forum pretty much parallels our Society. I think the MODS should step up and keep the post limited to the topics at hand. If people want to vent bitterly, go to the Off Topic section where most Members never visit. Lets set an example for others in the C3 Section.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,014 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Bee Jay
My Mamma always said, "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". Wise Mamma.
Bee Jay
Your Thumper?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Far-be it from me to tell the mods what to do. THAT is some dangerous waters to tread in . I would simply like to see threads that are General posted in the General area and Technical in the Tech area.
I think if people took that extra effort alone, things would become much more friendlier on the forum

Dep
Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

I have been here and in C2 ... for some time. Post what you wish. You need help, just ask. Many will walk away but you will help some person with your post who may be too shy to ask. Just needs a single informed answer. Done it and have been a recipient in both directions.

Dep,
Just did a poll. Here is the consensus on the 302. Well sort of. That's you, second from left. Wish those characters could stay awake. The verdict was the ZZ4 is a much better engine than a "buzzy" 302.

Last edited by Paul L; 04-04-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
TortureTest
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default my.02

Allow me to throw my .02 in:
This site is getting pretty big. Think of this site as a growing town. Statistically, if you have 30 people chances are they are mostly good, make it 3000 or 30,000 and well, you are going to get some who like to do meth&blow or paint the town hall.....hell you might even find a vette owner or two.

Vette owners are predominantly males driving dominant male cars, throw in the odds at these guys being Type A personalities or extroverts and well pretty easy to see what the resuly may be.
Not everyone here is over 40, there are kids (16-20) here.
People are passionate about what they THINK they know about.
The more people you add the less this site becomes a small community of do gooders helping one another in some manufactured group hug.

There is strength in numbers, but there is also a cost, let the idiots fight over what they think they know, let the mods take care of their threads and lets ignore all of the ****.

I too have seen a lil more of the "dont buy from here", "dont buy from there" crap, or the guy who says "the valet doesnt park my car the way I like so Im going to sell, money comes money goes", then rightfully people want that pompus ***** to simply just go away and buy himself a Range Rover so the rest of us working stiffs pouring our hearts and souls into our $20,000 cars can seek advise and companionship.
My .02

Signed,
Proud 78 owner and Corvette Forum supporter.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
fotyfobravo
Drifting

Location: Lake Arrowhead - Georgia > 72 Base Coupe & 74 BB Roadster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep.....Just a few days ago, I saw some poor guy ask a simple, but legitimate question about using a timing light. I think one of "the regulars" answered his question pretty quick......but in the process, he sure had some "cheap shots" thrown at him.

Like my daddy used to tell the neighbor kids.

If you can't play right... go on the hell home....we can play with ourselves!

Last edited by fotyfobravo; 04-04-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,014 Likes on 808 Posts

It's purely a matter of economics. The CF survives on Vendor Support.
Newbies=new spending for vendors. Criticism is a no-win scenario. Guidence and setting of example is the key.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:45 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Yellow I am sorry but that is inappropriate not only for this thread or for any discussion what so ever.

Last edited by IrishMac; 04-05-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Not necessary
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DJ Dep
Oh heck...I thought it was gonna be a thread about becoming a forum supporter with MONEY.

Dep

You know Dep I have said it before and will say it again you are just one special person lol. Yea I am an excellent driver lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Help THE CORVETTE FORUM

DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
Yellow I am sorry but that is inappropriate not only for this thread or for any discussion what so ever.
Geez Shake...CHILL OUT!!! This is ANOTHER problem we have on the forum. Everyone takes every comment TOO DANG SERIOUSLY!!!!
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Some people are justy blatently abrasive and dont hide it in their posts,, maybe thats a good way to be,,I dunno, but my father taught me to keep my mouth shut, my eyes and ears open beleive half of what you see and none of what you hear, and that honey is a better attraction then vinegar,,,,so whats the answer,,, people are people and will continue their ways until,,,,,,,,,,? Ignore the people you dont see eye to eye with, and smile,,,Peace, Moosie

P.S. If I've ever honked someone off,,,,sorry it wasnt my intention
Old 04-04-2007, 07:51 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DJ Dep
Geez Shake...CHILL OUT!!! This is ANOTHER problem we have on the forum. Everyone takes every comment TOO DANG SERIOUSLY!!!!
Dep I am very Chilled lol. Just look at my reply to you lol.

Quick Reply: Help THE CORVETTE FORUM