Sponsored by:

GTR1999 unable to access CF.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carguy4sure
How do you know? I sure hope not! Are any of the great technical leaders left here.
There may be but most will plead the 5th now.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

That is a loss. Gary rebuilt my steering box to perfection. I'm planning on email correspondence from now on. I won't allow the Forum to take away that kind of resource!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
427-390
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DZRick
He is far too valuable a member to lose.

As are many that have already left CF.
Who else???

Losing valued members with the technical know-how is not a good thing.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
sly vette
Safety Car

Well I'll tell you what....If they get rid of Gary, they will NEVER get another dime from me as a supporting member!!!!
Do any of the other vendors put out a how to paper like Gary....NO!!!
He is in my book the most informative member on this site.
Wasn't this site created so that like minded people can share information??? He has never asked for any thing for the time he puts into things like the tech paper he did on steering box rebuild!
I guess that the other vendors that do that kind of work don't want us to know how to do things ourselves. Hell ...lets just shut this site down...we don't need it any more....just send out all our work.
That way all the vendors are happy and we will never have any one to guide us when we want to do the work ourselves!!

And if this gets me sent to camp, I hope I get a chance to speak to a mod, so I can express how I really feel!

And no I don't need any little icons to to express my feelings at this point....I'M PISSED!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't have to try too hard to find him....
P.S. The other site is a "Who's Who" list of prior C/F members. The vendors can and probably will continue to pressure the C/F higher-ups to squash any form of competition.

Last edited by big_G; 07-12-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 AM
68 NJConv 454
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't heard a definitive “he got the boot” so please try to remain calm. Don’t want to tussle the panties of you know who just yet. BUT IF he got the ol’steel-toe then I totally agree with Sly and will be starting a membership where vendors don’t decide who can be members and do-it-yourselfers are encouraged.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by sly vette

I guess that the other vendors that do that kind of work don't want us to know how to do things ourselves.

I guess that whoever complained about Gary did not like him pointing out crappy workmanship and poor quality that you find all over the place nowadays.... I guess "they" don't want us to see or know how the job is done right ...
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by 68 NJConv 454
I haven't heard a definitive “he got the boot” so please try to remain calm. Don’t want to tussle the panties of you know who just yet. BUT IF he got the ol’steel-toe then I totally agree with Sly and will be starting a membership where vendors don’t decide who can be members and do-it-yourselfers are encouraged.
I can't access Corvette Central's site for some unknown reason - it just times out - which sounds like Gary's problem.

If it was a "go away" situation, I'm sure he would have been notified. The moderators around here are good like that...unlike at some other places.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
sly vette
Safety Car

A reply from a mod at this point would straighten out the confusion.
And if I was misled with other info I will apologise at that time...PERHAPS!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:26 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rudolph schenker
That is a loss. Gary rebuilt my steering box to perfection. I'm planning on email correspondence from now on. I won't allow the Forum to take away that kind of resource!
The problem with just e mail is that new members or members that do not know of Gary will be in the dark. And I came here along with many others to help other people if I can and to find answers to questions I may have. And Gary is one that has gone way out of his way to help when ever he could. I hope the Vendor or Vendors are happy now that we are in the dark with little educated help on the forum.

Also the parts that would be needed to accomplish such a rebuild would be purchased by many on the forum from the Vendors to enable them to rebuild there own parts. But now I just do not know. Well I do know but I might break the Soap Box lol.

Last edited by SHAKERATTLEROLL; 07-12-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Funny, I can't log on at the other place.

If the other site is a who's who and y'all like it so much why keep posting here? Seems the other site offers everything you want in a forum yet you keep whining about the goings on here. If you're all leaving for the promised land anyway WTF difference does it make if he can post here or not ?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Duntov-097

If the other site is a who's who and y'all like it so much why keep posting here? Seems the other site offers everything you want in a forum yet you keep whining about the goings on here. If you're all leaving for the promised land anyway WTF difference does it make if he can post here or not ?

It is like the old saying. If we have to explain it to you. You will never understand.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
It is like the old saying. If we have to explain it to you. You will never understand.

I understand it fully, but you're shoveling chit against the tide.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand it fully, but you're shoveling chit against the tide.

Is that like urinating in the wind?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Got the old gagg order at the other place did ya?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SmokinBBC
Got the old gagg order at the other place did ya?

I'm a big meanie and made other members cry for their mommies.

I am absolutely devastated that I can't hang with the chosen ones oops I mean who's who in Corvette mecca......
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I am absolutely devastated that I can't hang with the chosen ones oops I mean who's who in Corvette mecca......
Maybe we should start our own forum...at www.boycottdigitalcorvettes.com...

Get notified of new replies

To GTR1999 unable to access CF.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Originally Posted by rudolph schenker
I just was reading one of Gary's Diff. posts...I didn't realize he has been a member since Aug 1999...wow, he must be one of the original members

Here is the post for anyone who is interested...one of the best posts on this site.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1236684
Old 07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't even have a dog in this hunt. I understand both sides of the position. I merely offered a quasi-sarcastic commentary on the duplicity and resultant irony in their whiny azz posts over there and the BS they kept starting here and they banned me.

To be brutally honest I don't care for DB and IB's nonstop sometimes incorrect ramblings or their unsolicted forum leadership drive, but IMHO the folks that left were the ones that really showed their azz with their behavior on their way out.

Not one of you can tell me that if this forum was your livelihood that you would accommodate GTR at the risk of losing paying vendors. I think the way it went down sucked and that GTR is a great member that has helped many. In the end it is what it is and that's all it is. It's their sandbox and their rules.

IMHO The fact that DC left that CF whine-fest thread run for 600+ posts shows the class and quality of that forum. What kind of forum lets a thread that advocates spamming another forum because you didn't get your way run for 600+ posts? In the end this was reason I didn't really care if they banned me. The naked man and other disgusting pics were the last straw for me. If you personally don't like it here why ruin it for everyone else by carrying on and posting crap like that.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

HERE, HERE!

Quick Reply: GTR1999 unable to access CF.