Sponsored by:

Radio / Gauge Bezel question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Vet76te
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Radio / Gauge Bezel question

I am considering buying one of the aftermarket AM/FM CD players with the replacement center guage bezel. This is the modern style radio with the altered bezel to accept the non-**** radio.

My question is,...if I buy one of these and have to change out the original guage bezel, do the guages come out with the bezel, or is it simply an over lay? (Are the guages themselves bolted to the bezel)?

Has anyone injstaled one of these new AM /FM/ CD Bezel combos? If so, how well do you likme it? How difficult was the installation?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 PM
gldnkngt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you get your old center gauge bezel out, you'll have to transfer the gauges to the new bezel. Lots of screws, but it's pretty straightforward. It also gives you a chance to polish up the lens if it needs it and clean it up from the inside.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:35 AM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

I beleave it is similar to my 73 so here is a link to when I did my DIN install. I did not buy the bezel made for the radio but the install procedure is the same.
Radio install
Old 07-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gldnkngt
Once you get your old center gauge bezel out, you'll have to transfer the gauges to the new bezel. Lots of screws, but it's pretty straightforward. It also gives you a chance to polish up the lens if it needs it and clean it up from the inside.

There are only four screws holding the gauge cluster plate to the bezel. Leave it wired and just remove the screws. Then, you'll want to get the gauge lens, and the warning light tunnels. Also, your clock will have a small tube for the adjustment **** that can be pulled out of the old hole and popped into the new one.

Here is a picture of a bezel modified for a single DIN modern radio. I just did this two weeks ago and several times before so let me know if there is any more to this project that I can help with.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's not a difficult install...if someone as clumsy as I can be can do it, it must be straightforward.

One bit of advice...while you have the cluster out, replace every illumination bulb on all the gauges. They're cheap and easy to do. They're likely the original bulbs anyway and you don't want to pull the bezel out any more often than you have to when they start going bad.

The printed circuit is kinda flimsy so be careful with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio / Gauge Bezel question

Quick Reply: Radio / Gauge Bezel question