Sponsored by:

Speaker Box

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:30 PM
emtmike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Box

Ever since I bought my '81' Corvette this year, I've been looking to change the radio and speakers . I bought the new bezel for the radio since I don't want to damage the original one. I've decided to go with the Pioneer 7900 series stereo, and I bought all Infinity speakers . I'll have 2-4x6 two ways for the dash, and 2-6x9 300w. three ways, and 2-4x6 two ways for the rear . I've also looked at a bunch of speaker boxes for the rear, but my Granddaddy always told me, why buy something if you can build it yourself . So, I started to build a speaker box to hold all four speakers for the back, and it'll be a pressure fit box (No drilling) . I'll post some pictures of the speaker box when it's completed so members can see it. I'm also making templates as I go along in case other people would be interested in the same box .
Old 09-11-2007, 06:42 AM
guitarcrazy02
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow deja vu. That's the exact same install I just did. Same head unit, and speakers. What amp and sub are you using? I used an Alpine 450 monoblock power amp and a JL Audio 10W1
Old 09-11-2007, 08:10 AM
emtmike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure yet, I'm not sure the stock alternator will handle an amp, so I was going to just go with the speakers for now . Will the stock alternator handle an amp?, and what size should I use as a max wattage? . If I do put one in, I was going to hide it in the compartment behind the passenger seat .

Get notified of new replies

To Speaker Box

Quick Reply: Speaker Box