Lonestar Caliper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Default Lonestar Caliper?

Has anybody done any business with this company? They were at Fall Carlisle and I was looking at their Power Steering Valves and Cylinders.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:08 PM
bt57
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

zip sells them-have not had any problems other then wrong parts in the right package,which i will add was taken care of right away at no charge
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
vettehed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done business with them for several years. I buy all my calipers and PS parts from them. Many vendors buy their calipers from them and repackage them. Ken McCormick is the owner and is quite a character, but also a very fair and reasonable person.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
kettererhouse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Has anybody done any business with this company? They were at Fall Carlisle and I was looking at their Power Steering Valves and Cylinders.
Yes I have,
They dug up number matching calipers, rebuilt stainless, painted them black as from factory for my 68, I bought four and no problems as of yet, when I first received my order it was just odd numbers mixed and missmatched painted silver.
I called Lone Star talked to someone in management.
And he admitted they screwed the whole order up, with in days I had another box of Four calipers sitting at my house, about a week later a call tag with UPS came to pick up the first set.
You can buy with confidance with this group unless some drastic change has happened.
Good luck on your purchase
Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 PM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 202 Posts

bought several items from them for my 79, they have alot of parts on ebay.
www.lonestarcaliper.com, is there website but its wholesale only,
i have purchased parts through Lonestar performance in Wills Point, Tx.
903 896 3300, i believe this is the retail store for them, i think its his brother that runs this store. anyway, good people to deal with, most vendors get their rebuilt calipers from them. good luck
Old 10-09-2007, 04:09 AM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a set of rear O-rings from them, opened them up,, this is what I saw:

These are two different calipers mind you,, the bottom pic has 2 pistons that stick bad in the bores,, you can feel the metal to metal contact,, see the piston on the upper left.

I know,, your thinking "Oh, the Humanity!!!" Well I agree. I was pre-supposing that with thier close proximity to Mexico, a 10 min illegal imagrant caliper assembly line must be thier claim to fame in the industry. I can't come up with any other explanation for the lousy workmanship and total lack of quality controll for assemblies leaving thier factory??? I would aviod them and go with someone who cares what they ship you to put on your 'Vette. C.

Last edited by RunningMan373; 10-09-2007 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:47 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They are at all the big shows, nice people. I have their calipers and p/s valve. I had a leaking caliper after a year and they replaced it- no questions asked and very friendly. They also pay top dollar for cores. I would do business again any time. And they have a very cool T-shirt.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Vette Crazzy
Drifting

kenny is a great guy. i buy all my weatherstrip from him

vc
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Red70vette
Burning Brakes

I have purchased 4 calipers and 1 power steering pump with no problems. Good fit, good function, and fair price.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:41 PM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

two words. VBP and VanSteel.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 PM
texaswilkins
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to their shop to pick up my rotors and calipers. I got a quick walk around tour and was impressed. There are no illegals there, to answer that question. Their shop is reasonably clean and everyone I talked to was busy but still friendly. I watched a guy rebuilding and sleeving calipers and was really impressed. It's a nice place and I haven't had any problems with my brakes. The only complaint I had was I wanted a shirt and they didn't have any yet.

Bill
Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I have a set on the front of my 79 thought Zip. No problems after a year of driving.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:40 PM
lonestarcaliper
6th Gear

Default Illegals and Mexico.

Originally Posted by RunningMan373
Got a set of rear O-rings from them, opened them up,, this is what I saw:

These are two different calipers mind you,, the bottom pic has 2 pistons that stick bad in the bores,, you can feel the metal to metal contact,, see the piston on the upper left.

I know,, your thinking "Oh, the Humanity!!!" Well I agree. I was pre-supposing that with thier close proximity to Mexico, a 10 min illegal imagrant caliper assembly line must be thier claim to fame in the industry. I can't come up with any other explanation for the lousy workmanship and total lack of quality controll for assemblies leaving thier factory??? I would aviod them and go with someone who cares what they ship you to put on your 'Vette. C.
I guess you cannot read a map cause it is over 600 miles to the Mexico border. There are no Illegals that work here and never have been. I am guessing you just hate Mexicans. Oh and keep recommending Van Steel and VBP since they both use my calipers I really appreciate it. If you had a problem I would have been aware of it so I would have to call BS on this post. If you would like to discuss this more please call the office and ask for Ken. If we did something wrong I can assure we would take care of it. We are not perfect, but we did not become the largest rebuilder of 4 piston calipers (and not just Corvette) in the country by putting out junk. I look forward to hearing from you.
The following users liked this post:
carriljc (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 05:15 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by lonestarcaliper
I guess you cannot read a map cause it is over 600 miles to the Mexico border. There are no Illegals that work here and never have been. I am guessing you just hate Mexicans. Oh and keep recommending Van Steel and VBP since they both use my calipers I really appreciate it. If you had a problem I would have been aware of it so I would have to call BS on this post. If you would like to discuss this more please call the office and ask for Ken. If we did something wrong I can assure we would take care of it. We are not perfect, but we did not become the largest rebuilder of 4 piston calipers (and not just Corvette) in the country by putting out junk. I look forward to hearing from you.
Ken, he posted that 10 years ago...likey he got his brake problem worked out in that decade

Get notified of new replies

To Lonestar Caliper?

Quick Reply: Lonestar Caliper?