C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miss the VBP sale? Well, now I am having one.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
0Speed Hound
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss the VBP sale? Well, now I am having one.

That's right. Now that everything has gone through and I have the nifty supporting vendor tag under my name, I get to promote my end of the year sale just in time for Christmas. Almost everything I have or can get is on sale. My web site does not have the sale prices listed. You will have to contact me and give me your screen name as this sale is only for CF members.

Just to give you an idea of the prices

VBP C5 front brake conversion - 1020.00
VBP GTP suspension system - 1000.00
VBP A/SS suspension system - 100.00
VBP rear composite spring - 305
VBP front springs - 75

everything else they offer is on sale as well.

Hooker SB headers, coated - 370
Hooker BB headers, coated - 505

All Dewitt's radiators on sale. Replace the radiator now while the car isn't stored inside so you can get it out on the first good day next year.

Email me or call me with any questions you may have or to get a price quote. Give me a chance and I'll do the best I can for you. The sale ends after the first of the year.

Thanks
Trey

Last edited by Speed Hound; 11-25-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:25 PM
0Speed Hound
Former Vendor

Only a couple more weeks folks. The sale ends the first week in January. Just bumping this to the top for anyone who might have missed it.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased so far.

Trey
Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
0Speed Hound
Former Vendor

Ttt
Old 12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
0Speed Hound
Former Vendor

Last week for the sale folks. It ends Sunday the 6th. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

sez your site domain is expired....
Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Why would i buy VBP products from you instaed of VBP itself????
Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 468 Likes on 276 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by VettePower
Why would i buy VBP products from you instaed of VBP itself????

or ???????????? DEWITTS ?
Old 12-30-2007, 09:37 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK

or ???????????? DEWITTS ?
Another great question!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:38 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I bet he's glad he paid the supporting vendor fees.

He asked if you missed the VB&P sale and offered one of his own.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

This Vendor is strange. Both Dewitts and VBP are supporting members. So what makes this dude think we would buy off of a middleman instead of the real deal??????
Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

This Vendor is strange. Both Dewitts and VBP are supporting members. So what makes this dude think we would buy off of a middleman instead of the real deal??????
I don't know anything about this guy, I'm just surprised at the reaction.

If you've ever bought anything from a catalog you've purchased from a middleman.

What if he was no longer going to stock those venders products and was selling them at a deep discount, would you still be faithful to the major vendor?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:39 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DZRick
would you still be faithful to the major vendor?
YEP!!!!! If I had a problem, I sure would want to directly talk to the manufacturer if i could. And in this case, both Dewitts and VBP have members on this forum, and sell directly!!!!

Does that answer your question, genius??????

Last edited by VettePower; 12-30-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

YEP!!!!! If I had a problem, I sure would want to directly talk to the manufacturer if i could. And in this case, both Dewitts and VBP have members on this forum, and sell directly!!!!

Does that answer your question, genius??????
Who pissed in your cornflakes "genius??????"

I was just asking why you guys reacted the way you did, from you responce I guess I understand now, damn.

Have a great New Year Genius
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DZRick
Who pissed in your cornflakes "genius??????"

I was just asking why you guys reacted the way you did, from you responce I guess I understand now, damn.

Have a great New Year Genius
You tooo, my friend........
Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

I don't know what the situation is here, but in most industries, a manufacturer will give a dealer a significant discount, which allows the dealer to sell the product for less than the manufacturer would sell it to the public. This allows the manufacturer to focus marketing money and resources on dealers, which saves the manufacturer money. Typically dealers are more advanced with order fulfillment, end-user marketing, etc, so it is in the manufacturer's best interest to have a product sold through a dealer.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:05 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

This guy is obviously backed by VBP. Give him a break. He's probably just like me and you in that he loves corvettes, the difference is he had the ***** to go into business. Who here wouldn't love to do what he's doing? I'm sure the web page will be up and running soon. Why not call Pattie at VBP to verify?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1840918
Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the harshness there directed a DZ....the same DZ that is a long time member of the forum,and a all around good guy.I also....just set up a dealer's account w/VB&P,and yes,I would be the middleman.When I called...I told Patti who I was,and that I was a vendor here,and I would NOT try to sale their stuff on here as competion,but only thru my web page,and other sources,and she ENCOURAGED me to sale here,so I can appreciate your loyality to VB@P,but you have NO CLUE how the marketing world works apparently.We move,or hope to move invetory for these suppliers,and in turn we get a discount compared to the public,and we are able to save you some money in the process.YOU...are getting the same parts,and YOU are saving additional money.Hmmmm....which way do I go??????And...if you choose to go directly to VB@P...that is fine,but you are in the wrong to step out there like that w/a supporting vendor that PAYS to advertise here,so YOU.......can have this great web site to log into.......They pay YOUR way,Hotrod!!!!!
The org.OP's prices are great,and they are coming from the same place........just w/a further discount.If you don't wanna buy from him,then stay outta his thread,and you shouldn't be so quick to disrespect fellow forum members that if you didn't have so much money apparently to just give away...he would give you what you wanted for FREE if he was able to,and it would help you!!!!Wake up,man!

Get notified of new replies

To Miss the VBP sale? Well, now I am having one.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:27 AM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Thanks Kevin

Hell, I can take a little harshness once and awhile.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
0Speed Hound
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rihwoods
sez your site domain is expired....
Yeah I have no idea what is going on. I'll just have to get in touch with my server guy and find out. Sorry.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
0Speed Hound
Former Vendor

One, I didn't know VBP was going to have a Christmas sale. My reference was from their 30th anniversary sale. My end of the year sale also started before VBPs xmas sale. I can't expect VBP to not offer their products for sale whenever they choose. Considering they are the manufacturer, they can sale their product much less than I can. This happens to be the case unfortunately for me. Maybe I should have changed my thread title. When there is not sale going on from either me or VBP, you will still save money buying through me instead of them. As for being backed by VBP, I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have had the pleasure of dealing with them in different ways and have liked their product greatly. I believe in their products, so I sale them and use them. Same thing with DeWitt's and Random Tech. Actually, you'll only find products I feel are of good quality and have used here in the shop long before I stepped up and started offering internet sales. I am not new to this game just because I have not been on the forums.

Two, if you bought from DeWitt's during his end of year sale, you paid more for the exact same radiator than I was selling at the same exact time. Guess you should have asked me my prices first. If you buy any other time during the year, you will pay more going to DeWitt's directly.

Three, NO ONE will sale Random Tech parts cheaper than I. Only Random can and they won't. They have no interest in dealing with the public. They simply are not set up to do so and would prefer to stay a manuafcturer only. Therefore, their dealers all sale for less than Random does at any given point in time. If you find someone with a lower price on RT parts, I'll match it if not beat it. My website clearly states this in multiple places.

In most cases you would be foolish to not check with a dealer first. We will fight for your business as much as we can. This means you save money on the exact same part. In the end it's your money.

Happy New Year's everyone. I hope to get my site back up soon. I really have no idea what's happened. Sorry.

Last edited by Speed Hound; 12-31-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Miss the VBP sale? Well, now I am having one.