Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire at J. T. Pipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have kept my mouth shut about JT.I apologize for that.I have had SEVERAL bad dealings for w/JT,and James.Not phone orders,but in person.I have known him for sometime,and a very good friend of mine was his wrench off,and on for alot of years.
I guess....when I price something,and they are 30% higher than the highest vendors out there....not because they need the money,or this is the actual price,but because they tried to play on the unknowing sucker,becuse it is a Corvette part,then I get turned off.I sale parts,but I don't play angles,or hope for a sucker to come along.I have the cheapest prices usually,cause I DO play fair,and respect YOUR dollar as much as I respect my dollar.
I wish bad on noone,and JT is too smart to have all his eggs in one basket.What I meant about Mexico was he has other business interests that are in the forsight of the Corvette business.That's what I meant.He does have cars/parts all over Vermilion stashed.
I am sorry if I offended anyone/everyone.I just get turned off from people when my stuff is worth 2 dollars to him,cause it's junk,and he will have the same "junk" on ebay for 222.22.I don't do business that way.
Maybe...I am the only one that had a bad experience.However...I don't wish loss on anyone,and I should have kept my opinion to myself.
The following users liked this post:
VetteBob78_L82 (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 02:38 PM
VetteBob78_L82
4th Gear

Default A very inappropriate thread of nasty comments...

The nasty comments on this thread are VERY not appropriate. Say the parts are overpriced, but do not degrade a person...especially after a tragedy to the people involved and Corvette fans.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:41 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

this is a 10 year old thread,maybe you should look before posting seeing you only have 2 posts
Old 09-16-2017, 02:50 PM
VetteBob78_L82
4th Gear

Default Thank you for posting the apology...

Originally Posted by vettesbydesign
I should have kept my mouth shut about JT.I apologize for that.I have had SEVERAL bad dealings for w/JT,and James.Not phone orders,but in person.I have known him for sometime,and a very good friend of mine was his wrench off,and on for alot of years.
I guess....when I price something,and they are 30% higher than the highest vendors out there....not because they need the money,or this is the actual price,but because they tried to play on the unknowing sucker,becuse it is a Corvette part,then I get turned off.I sale parts,but I don't play angles,or hope for a sucker to come along.I have the cheapest prices usually,cause I DO play fair,and respect YOUR dollar as much as I respect my dollar.
I wish bad on noone,and JT is too smart to have all his eggs in one basket.What I meant about Mexico was he has other business interests that are in the forsight of the Corvette business.That's what I meant.He does have cars/parts all over Vermilion stashed.
I am sorry if I offended anyone/everyone.I just get turned off from people when my stuff is worth 2 dollars to him,cause it's junk,and he will have the same "junk" on ebay for 222.22.I don't do business that way.
Maybe...I am the only one that had a bad experience.However...I don't wish loss on anyone,and I should have kept my opinion to myself.
Thank you for posting the apology. You're a Senior Member and you manned up like one. I understand your frustration....musical instrument stores get me pissed off exactly like that. The amateur musicians running a guitar shop in Columbus, Ohio used to be very obnoxious to me (I was young at the time). I just stopped going there and told people about it (before the internet).

I just bought an AM/FM/CB 1978 Corvette radio off of JT's eBay site, and the lady I talked to was very nice. Yeah, it was $500 but it was the correct part# and in the best condition of all radios I saw in eBay and elsewhere. Good parts = $

JT may be whatever, I don't know. But I talked to them and they said the fire destroyed original Vette parts still in the plastic bags, man. If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye, then you aren't a vintage car person.

I'm glad that you didn't insinuate that JT did this as an "insurance job". I would ask that you be removed from the site. We don't need gossip crap that has nothing to do with Corvette issues here.

Again, thanks for the apology and explanation.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:11 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteBob78_L82
Thank you for posting the apology. You're a Senior Member and you manned up like one. I understand your frustration....musical instrument stores get me pissed off exactly like that. The amateur musicians running a guitar shop in Columbus, Ohio used to be very obnoxious to me (I was young at the time). I just stopped going there and told people about it (before the internet).

I just bought an AM/FM/CB 1978 Corvette radio off of JT's eBay site, and the lady I talked to was very nice. Yeah, it was $500 but it was the correct part# and in the best condition of all radios I saw in eBay and elsewhere. Good parts = $

JT may be whatever, I don't know. But I talked to them and they said the fire destroyed original Vette parts still in the plastic bags, man. If that doesn't bring a tear to your eye, then you aren't a vintage car person.

I'm glad that you didn't insinuate that JT did this as an "insurance job". I would ask that you be removed from the site. We don't need gossip crap that has nothing to do with Corvette issues here.

you are typing to a person who ISN`T LISTENING at least not since 2010....
Old 09-16-2017, 08:08 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteBob78_L82

He posted that in 2008. He's not speaking to you.

Quick Reply: Fire at J. T. Pipers