C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 05:35 PM
68L71
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Get the parts in hand before you plan vacation to install them. Anyone who has ordered part through the mail should know that.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:55 PM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxymophandlpapa
Ya, I understand what you mean, but is this grounds to try and screw a company out of potential customers?

Rude people suck to deal with, but I have always had better success with them if I used some tact in the situation. Flaming a rude vendor on the forum is probably not going to help his cause. It probably would have been better if he contacted Brenda on Monday, like he was asked to, completed his transaction, and then moved on.
I've typed 3 different lines of thought, and deleted all of them.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlockTank
I've typed 3 different lines of thought, and deleted all of them.

IBTL, these threads accomplish nothing. The proof is in their repetition.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Net result is make sure all your information matches..

Actually everyone is protected with this transaction....
Old 12-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Smokin Joe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 68L71
Get the parts in hand before you plan vacation to install them. Anyone who has ordered part through the mail should know that.
Very good point. I've been spoiled by other vendors' service.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Smokin Joe
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ironcross
Net result is make sure all your information matches..

Actually everyone is protected with this transaction....
Very true. Not my point though. But a good point none-the-less.

I will address it with Brenda on Monday. If there is a positive outcome to this situation, I'll post a comment about that when it happens. If there is a continued negative outcome, I'll let it rest with what has already been said. There is no need to further beat a dead horse. Besides, maybe I'm not dealing with the right person on their end.

Last edited by Smokin Joe; 12-26-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:27 PM
joshtried
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

ive had a problem like this with another company, and i will say talking with only one person makes these kind of situations that much easier to deal with. What Geoff "may" have been trying to get at is "he" doesnt know your situation, and to call back monday to deal with brenda... im neither people, but TO ME it seems like communication could have very easily prevented this whole unpleasant situation..

its bad enough if you call a company and they have hired someone with a language deficit to "speak" for them, but when you speak the same language and cant get your point across..
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Theiskell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Doc Rebuild
. If the address doesn’t match the card, it’s a no sale no matter how much you whine, post on the internet, bluster, stomp you feet or otherwise protest injustice.

PS All this CF he said, she said is simply utter nonsense. If the card number provided matched the address provided, we would have gladly taken your money in a heartbeat.
This says it all….I have heard several vendors defend their actions on this forum. Some I have sided with and some I haven’t. Courtesy and respect, as customers we all deserve it. If I spoke to a customer using any of these words I would be fired on the spot and deservingly so!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Attfay Elleybay
Burning Brakes

It seems the only problem with Doc Rebuild is their employee needs better phone manners.
But I would think twice before ordering from someone if I think I'm going to get yelled at if I call them.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Attfay Elleybay
It seems the only problem with Doc Rebuild is their employee needs better phone manners.
But I would think twice before ordering from someone if I think I'm going to get yelled at if I call them.
That's not their employee, that's Doc Rebuild hisself. Geoffrey, I thought you retired years ago!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 PM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Theiskell
This says it all….
Courtesy and respect, as customers we all deserve it. If I spoke to a customer using any of these words I would be fired on the spot and deservingly so!
Well said, he can't get fired.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:38 PM
1Fordman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
I ordered some hard to find seals from Doc Rebuild under advisement of this forum. I ordered the parts prior to traveling from Florida to the project site in Virginia. I only have so much vacation time a year, so I always pre-order parts before I travel.

Brenda took my order and was very courteous. We talked about the parts and the shipping. She advised that the parts would arrive either the day before or after Christmas due to UPS restrictions. She took my phone number and card info.

Today I got a postcard in the mail saying there was a problem with the card info and to call them. So I did.

I talked to "Jeff," and asked him what the problem was. He belligerently told me he didn't know and to call "Brenda." I asked how, and he told me to call back Monday. I told him that was okay, and asked why they hadn't called me to identify the problem, before burning up a week of my two week vacation time waiting on some seals. He said, that's an "Expense." I asked him what he meant, and he didn't respond. I tried again to clarify what he was talking about and he replied, very rudely, "We don't do that." I tried to continue to talk with him, and he continued his rude attitude. I explained to him that I wouldn't buy my parts from them, to which he replied, "uh huh, ok," and hung up the phone.

Great business ethic and great customer service!! (Sarcasm intended).

I'll be happy to go with their bitter rival, ZIP, even if ZIP fabricates the parts out of aluminum foil and bubble gum...or any of the other vendors that specialize in hard to find parts, like Paragon Reproductions, Last Detail, or whomever.

DON'T USE DOC REBUILD!

btw-reference the "Expense," on today's calling plans, both cellular and land line, one call is CHEAPER than the 27cent post card stamp they used.
The cause of the problem may be in your first paragraph. Do you receive your credit card billing statement at your Florida address? If that's the case and your shipping to a Virginia address this may have raised a red flag to the credit card company.

If you have a PayPal account and a verified shipping address, they won't allow payment if your purchase does not go to the verified address on file with them.

This may or may not be what happened in your case but in these times credit card companies err on the side of caution to protect you and them.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 PM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1Fordman
The cause of the problem may be in your first paragraph. Do you receive your credit card billing statement at your Florida address? If that's the case and your shipping to a Virginia address this may have raised a red flag to the credit card company.

If you have a PayPal account and a verified shipping address, they won't allow payment if your purchase does not go to the verified address on file with them.

This may or may not be what happened in your case but in these times credit card companies err on the side of caution to protect you and them.
ANY of the other parts houses allow billing adresses, and shipping adresses. I know, I have things sent to my wife's office all the time. Never had a problem.

Is there more to this than meets the eye (post)?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:46 PM
chvet73
Pro

There is no excuse for his attitude. These stories on here have been posted many times about his methods of dealing with customers.
I called there once to place an order, his attitude was as described and I hung up rather than buy from him.
I am in agreement with him not approving the transaction. But how he handled it is not acceptable.
I have no use for any vendor who acts that way for any product. Just went through a similar situation with a computer battery that did not fit, took forever to get and had several arrogant people I spoke to on the phone during the whole process. It's enroute back right now after a 3 week ordeal. Got it in two days from a good vendor.
None of us needs to be treated that way.
After reading all this Dr. R will be a vendor of last resort to me.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Smokin Joe
Drifting

Thanks guys. We'll see what happens on Monday. I don't think that Brenda will clear anything up since "Geoff" is the owner. But we'll see. The credit card problem is not my issue. Notification method (resulting in not getting the parts in a usable time for my constraints) and Customer Service are my issues. btw- the credit card addresses are both the same and accurate. The charge did post to the credit card as "pending" on the 23rd.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM
79vetter
Drifting

Originally Posted by PRNDL
That's not their employee, that's Doc Rebuild hisself. Geoffrey, I thought you retired years ago!
He probably could have retired a lot earlier than he did if he didn't have the atitude problem.
Joe- thanks for letting us know about your experience - this is the right place for it. It helps us all make informed buying decisions.

Last edited by 79vetter; 12-26-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:20 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by foxymophandlpapa
But whats the problem here? No one's been screwed on parts or money.

To me, this looks like someone trying to use the "power of the forum" to get back at a vendor for being mean. Thats what I like to call
Umm to me its someone explaining the bad customer service thay received. I am a sales manager by trade and also a consumer. I always tell my guys "be polite". Make sure if a situation gets out of hand let the customer be the first to raise their voice or say stupid things. In this situation as a manager I would hold the customer service rep at fault for further more making an upset customer mad. This is the point I see here being expressed, Nothing more Nothing less....

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:28 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Doc Rebuild
Thank goodness for AVS software. For years we had to eat fraudulent credit card sales after the actual credit card holder complained to their bank that they had not ordered or were shipped any items, yet were charged for something.

Then MC/Visa developed AVS software to match the credit card holders account number with the matching address for that individual. Once this was released, our fraudulent sales went to near zero.

Some think they can game that system or use their bravado or indignation to force a different outcome. It just doesn’t work. If the address doesn’t match the card, it’s a no sale no matter how much you whine, post on the internet, bluster, stomp you feet or otherwise protest injustice.

We diligently try to match that information, but if it doesn’t match, it’s doesn’t match and it’s not going to be a sale. There is nothing we can do to change the matching of that data, except to risk a fraudulent sale.

After we try the card three times, we will not again try the same card number with the same address. I confirmed your address and the card number and it was exactly the same as we had. You can whine all day, but the CREDIT CARD DID NOT MATCH with the information provided. And after we had called the credit card clearing house, they also denied the matching of the data. That’s why we sent a post card to THAT address.

GC

PS All this CF he said, she said is simply utter nonsense. If the card number provided matched the address provided, we would have gladly taken your money in a heartbeat.

Wow Just wow, By stating a customer is whining in which he seems to very focused on his issue. Is IMO an excuse to.... well jot explain the bad/rude customer service that was received. If you notice the complaint was about the customer service received with the card problem. If customer service reps attemped to calm customers and resolve problems in the first place. I would be willing to bet this post would have never been made in the first place.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:41 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by 400hp427vette
Umm to me its someone explaining the bad customer service thay received. I am a sales manager by trade and also a consumer. I always tell my guys "be polite". Make sure if a situation gets out of hand let the customer be the first to raise their voice or say stupid things. In this situation as a manager I would hold the customer service rep at fault for further more making an upset customer mad. This is the point I see here being expressed, Nothing more Nothing less....
Except the title of the thread is "Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere."

He said he was advised by forum members to go to DOC REBUILD, I think he should've taken it up with those that advised him.

I'm not condoning Geoff's behavior, but telling people to go elsewhere is spiteful.

Besides, I thought everyone knew you didn't call Geoff. Infact, I make my brothers call him just so I can laugh at their reaction
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by PRNDL
OH, Doc will easily outlive GM themselves at this rate.....

he was making parts for vettes and making sense of the vette hobby before Duntov retired yet, even..... if not for the Doc's drawings and diagrams, and knowledge this hobby would be much further behind......

and if for a second anyone thinks phone orders with a bunch of numbnutz on the phone all day is a easy job....you nucking futz....

Doc, you reading this, it's been a LONG time since we talked, but you had a break and we chatted some years ago.....

take care man.....

Quick Reply: Problem with DOC REBUILD...I recommend you go elsewhere.