Sponsored by:

Polyurethane Construction Adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 AM
stinger12
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Polyurethane Construction Adhesive

Well, Its time for me to bond my #4 body mount reinforcements in for good. I usually use MarineTex for all my bonding and repairs, but I just can't justify it for this one...its about $80 a can, and the cans aren't very big (however, nothing compares to how well the stuff works...its awesome). I searched the forum and heard of a couple of guys who used this stuff...

Its polyurethane construction adhesive from Home Depot. The tube says it bonds fiberglass, metal, wood, stone, concrete, plastic, foam...you name it. However, it does not say anything about bonding SMC (sheet molded compound). Will this bond to SMC? I would call the manufacturer, but they are closed on the weekend, and I need to bond these reinforcements in this weekend (behind schedule on this build). Once again, I don't like skimping on products, but for a repair like this, I just can't justify using the MarineTex...I mainly want to just seal this mount up so no water can get in (the bonding part is a big plus and will make it stronger, but that is not my main goal when using this stuff...I mainly want to seal it up).

Any help is appreciated.

Jeremy
Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 PM
stock76
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I have never used it for your application, just in general home repairs and it worked well. The stuff is very tough when it sets up.

If you use it, be sure to use gloves and wear old clothes. Nothing removes it if you get it on you, or your clothes.

Quick Reply: Polyurethane Construction Adhesive