srosa75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3rd one.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:42 AM
texas jim
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great car period. When I bought my '81, I bought it because it was a one owner and in perfect shape. I knew the history of the car and wrote a check f/ it before I ever drove it or looked at it up close. (My father-in-law's car bought new in Arizona and never beat on) My favorite years are like the one you have and the earlier, C2s, '67 and '68 due to the performance engines and the chrome bumpers. Those were the hot 'Vettes when I was a kid. I do like my '81 f/ the single fiberglass leaf and the front spoiler, the best technology f/ that era, but give me the old hot muscle 'Vette of the "before emissions era" any day. Being from New York originally, I take my hat off to the guys who have beautiful old cars up north, where it's hard to keep them nice, and harder to find a used one in great shape. When I first got here to Texas, I felt guilty w/ access to all the old rides in rust-free and cosmetically great shape. My '81 still has the original paint on the frame. Keep up the great work on your car. Looks great!

Quick Reply: [Pics] Got some cool pics of my vette, thought you might enjoy them