Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Ecklers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Worst company of all to deal with by far.

Ordered a suspension rebuild kit in March when I bought my car. By December my ordeal was finally over with them. WAY too much to get into but I would NEVER order from them again or even suggest it to anyone.

Back order never mentioned till 1/2 the kit shipped, shipping of the wrong items, failure to ship when they said they were, failure to properly handle returns of wrong items, failure to ship off proper items, FAILURE!!!

Last edited by PUNISHER VETTE; 01-18-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE

Ordered a suspension rebuild kit in March when I bought my car. By December my ordeal was finally over with them.
That's what I am waiting for. They have shipped 2 of my items but haven't answered my question about the ETA on the suspension rebuild kit. I'm afraid of what happened to you. Maybe I'll be able to call them tomorrow to find out.

Would be nice when you added things to your cart that it told you it was out of stock
Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 PM
mrmagrath
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My order placed with Corvette Central on Dec 16th was finally shipped today. They sent an email before Christmas to say that some bits were on backorder and expected to complete my order on the 23rd. At least they told me the stuff was on backorder, despite the time difference!
The only fault I can find with Willcox is that they didn't tell me that my stuff was backordered, although I love their shipping cost indicator. You know where you stand with shipping costs from the outset, and being on the other side of the world, that's a plus.
As for Ecklers, reading all the threads here have put me off using them in a big way!
Cheers
Grant
Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 AM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally called and spoke to a person. They don't have rebuilt kits in stock and won't know how long the wait is until they place an order with their supplier. I guess they are waiting to order sets until they get orders. It will be already another week to just get an eta from their supplier. I just called my order and going to another vendor with a better reputation.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
vette54728702
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ALWAYS make the phone call to see if it is currently in-stock before I order from anywhere. If it's not, I order somewhere else.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I've dropped a couple grand at Ecklers since August - had a few b/o items that I wound up canceling and buying elsewhere. It's hit or miss with any distributor on certain SKUs - based on popularity and specials. I can tell you when I bought an OEM urethane bumper cover for my 73 this fall, Ecklers was the only one that had it in stock. Huge backorder through others, so I got real lucky. Plus, they will price match on products and shipping.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupigiato73
I've dropped a couple grand at Ecklers since August - had a few b/o items that I wound up canceling and buying elsewhere. It's hit or miss with any distributor on certain SKUs - based on popularity and specials. I can tell you when I bought an OEM urethane bumper cover for my 73 this fall, Ecklers was the only one that had it in stock. Huge backorder through others, so I got real lucky. Plus, they will price match on products and shipping.
I would have gladly done the same as you and canceled my order and gone elsewhere. Only problem is I ordered a kit and they shipped 1/2 off before informing me the other half was on BO. So if I canceled I would have had to pay to ship the stuff back AND a processing fee for the return

terrible company. Anyone who does that should be shot.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Oofah! That's not good customer service at all. So far I've been lucky I guess.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
GLCLEVELAND
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use them quite often without many problems , most of the time I check to see if they show stock or not . The only problem I have is you don't have any way to check the status of the order without contacting customer support .
Old 02-02-2011, 06:10 PM
pwsusi
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The few times I've ordered through them I haven't had any issues, but don't find myself ordering from them much. The reason.... I usually go to a few different vendor's websites and compare prices before placing an order. 9 times out of 10 I find what appears to be the same item cheaper somewhere else.

So yes, I'd order from them but check Willcox and Corvette Central before placing the order

Last edited by pwsusi; 02-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
beige79
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Although I already posted that I have ordered many parts from Eckler's recently and over the past 20 years with zero problems, I will say that I have been very impressed with other vendors here at CF that actually participate in the forum, offer advice and provide lots of free information. I have only been around here for a couple of months, but I don't recall seeing Eckler's doing the same. They may have and I didn't see it in the short time I have been here, but some of the others that regularly chime in here have earned my respect and I will definitely try to use them in the future.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 AM
l1dws
Racer

I've bought as ton of parts with Ecklers with no issues over many years.....
Old 02-03-2011, 12:10 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE

They manage to screw up most of the orders I place with them.

Additionally their office is only about an hour north of me, yet Summit, Zip, VB&P, et. al. can always get things to me much faster from much farther away. GO FIGURE

I've been burned by Ecklers too many times. I avoid them like the plague now even if they do have the best price. It ain't worth saving a few bucks to deal with those incompetents.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
3rd_Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by onaqwst
i'll keep my mouth shut
I was about to keep my mouth shut, but I can't resist how bad Eklers bent me over a few years ago. The order i placed with them turned out to be CHEAP INDIA Imported crap! When I complained, it went on deaf ears! The hood cable I bought FAILED in less than 2 weeks and I had to open my hood on my C3 through the little holes near the wipers. Then when I posted my complaints on the forum, an Eklers employee, who is a forum member, blasted me back.. I will NEVER buy from them again. Wilcox, and Corvette America now get my business..
Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
rugerm44
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There shipping charges are way to high compared to others.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
v2racing
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

I have had pretty good luck with Ecklers. I know why the hood is back ordered for so long. They wait until they get enough orders for them to make a batch of them. It's not cost effective to make one at a time. I know this because when I ordered my L88 hood they told me they were in the process of building that hood and could just add my order to the build list. I had it in a little over a week. It still smelled like fresh resin.

I think a lot of companies, not just in the Corvette world, but in general are waiting until they get enough orders to know they have product sold before they order it in. It's part of the bad economy.

We have several very good distributors on the forum. If one doesn't have something in stock (ask before you order), order from another. I really can't complain, I have had no problems with any of the Vendor sponsors here.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Ecklers?