Comfort Weave Seat Cover Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 AM
08Indy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Comfort Weave Seat Cover Supplier

I'm looking to update the interior in my 72 corvette which has the standard confort weave vinyl seat covers and haven't been able to find a parts supplier that offers a true comfort weave seat cover. Any ideas on who I might check with?

Can anybody recommend a good part supplier for interior parts - seats, carpet, door panels, etc.?
Old 08-29-2011, 05:14 AM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

al knoch
Old 08-29-2011, 08:36 AM
c69vete
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
2017 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

The true breathable comfort weave is no longer made. What is in the seat covers today is an immitation comfort weave made by pressing the vinyl in a hot mold to get the effect.
All of the new premade covers from any supplier today are made with this type of inserts.
Your only option is to find some NOS material by the yard and have an upholstery shop make you a set of covers. The NOS comfort weave can be found, but is about $85.00 a yard right now. Price goes up as the supply runs out. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Another option...if your covers aren't worn-thru or torn...is to refurbish what you have. Removing the covers, cleaning them really well, restuffing the channels with new 'scrim' foam, having any torn stitching re-sewn by an upholstery shop, and re-dyeing with SEM ColorCoat vinyl dye, will net you the second-best set of original ComfortWeave seat covers. Mine, of course, are the best ....
Old 08-29-2011, 05:53 PM
08Indy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks like I'm going to go the route of purchasing new covers and then buying NOS comfort weave to have it put into the new seat covers by my upholstery shop! A little more expensive but I think probably worth it. The shop I was able to buy the comfort weave from had 3.375 yds in my color and I pruchased 2 for my car. This stuff is going to be completely gone very shortly!

Get notified of new replies

To Comfort Weave Seat Cover Supplier

Quick Reply: Comfort Weave Seat Cover Supplier