Sponsored by:

Hagerty Insurance, A Great Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Hagerty Insurance, A Great Experience

Recently I found myself having to file a claim for an accident I was involved in with in my '76 Stingray where a vehicle in front of me came to a sudden stop and I couldn't stop in time. I've been a claims adjuster for the better part of 16 years so dealing with claims is nothing out of the ordinary but being the one filing a claim was new territory.

I've seen several threads regarding insurance, limits of use, mileage, etc. so I wanted to briefly share a real experience for anyone seeking a new insurance carrier.

To sum it up, Fast, Friendly service. No third degree regarding why I was driving my classic car or where I was going or coming from. Filed the claim after 5 pm EST on a Wednesday, spoke with the staff adjuster on Thursday, met with the appraiser on Friday morning and by 3 pm Friday afternoon the adjuster had the appraisers estimate and I was told how much the check would be made out for.

My painter spoke with the appraiser and discussed the repairs based upon my description since he had not seen the car and they came to an agreed price over the phone pending any hidden damage that would be addressed in a supplement should it be necessary.

Less than a week later which included a major holiday I had a check and trailered the car to the body shop.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Ret.Horsecop13
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

That's good to hear! I had to use the flatbed service from them last year for a blow out. No problems at all. I just renewed with them and upped my agreed value with no questions asked. Good company! Hopefully your car will be back on the road soon!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM
joewill
Safety Car

Received 258 Likes on 206 Posts

I use them, and have for several years. they are about 10% more per year than what I could find if I shopped around. being a tenured customer hopefully gives me a upside given any problems.

there is a value in not having to 'shop around' and take risks regarding using a new company.

glad it went well for you.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

But, they did ask the day of the week and the time of the accident, right?
What was the day of the week and time? Was is a case that was obvious it could not have been being driven to work?

If it could have been been driven to work, and they really did not care, that would be great to know.

Thanks for the report!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Marlin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Hagerty a garage must one? Looked before and most are garage only policys.

I only have liability on mine but want to change once I get it running again. I don't have a garage, but its off street parked in my driveway.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by sprtplt
But, they did ask the day of the week and the time of the accident, right?
What was the day of the week and time? Was is a case that was obvious it could not have been being driven to work?

If it could have been been driven to work, and they really did not care, that would be great to know.

Thanks for the report!
Yes, these things were part of the statement of the events that I gave to the adjuster. I was on my way to a cruise night at a pizza place up in West Palm Beach. It was two weeks ago today (Wednesday 2/8/2012 at approximately 4:45pm)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by Marlin
Is Hagerty a garage must one? Looked before and most are garage only policys.

I only have liability on mine but want to change once I get it running again. I don't have a garage, but its off street parked in my driveway.
I want to say "yes" but I'm not 100% sure not having a garage would keep them from writing a policy. It does influence the premium and was one of the first questions they asked when I first inquired about a policy with them a few years ago. I would head over to their website to confirm this.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM
69 Chevy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you volunteer to them that your occupation is claims adjuster for 16 years?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by 69 Chevy
Did you volunteer to them that your occupation is claims adjuster for 16 years?
Yes. I was the one that suggested a recorded statement over the phone since at first the adjuster was just asking for brief details of the accident. I also emailed them scene photos of both cars the other driver and the damage I saw and dollar amount I estimated.

I never asked for or implied any different treatment or professional courtesy, didn't cross my mind. I was still trying to wrap my head around being the one filing a claim instead of investigating one. Different being on the other side but it made it easier for them since I knew what they needed.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn...sorry to hear about the accident as that is one really sweet ride you got there after seeing it in person pics don't do it justice.

Glad Hagerty is treating ya right.

See ya soon up there for a cruise night myself
Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
24695bob
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The question really is DID ANYONE EVER HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE when dealing with a Collector car insurance Company...

There has to be but I've never heard of any... so lets hear about any !

I (like an idiot) drove one of my Corvettes thru the back wall of my garage..maybe 15 years or so ago and received completely hassle free fantastic service with American Collectors Insurance..

Bob G.
PS I now insure all 6 of my Vettes with the Museum not because I did not like Amer.Collectors ....I'm just cheap .....lol
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by Kaos
See ya soon up there for a cruise night myself
I'm gonna hold to you that

Get notified of new replies

To Hagerty Insurance, A Great Experience

Quick Reply: Hagerty Insurance, A Great Experience