Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's a MIRACLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Hey, don't pick on us C5 guys - - We're not ALL BAD!!!!

The wave thing has been discussed numerous times over in C5 general, and I think the consensus is that C5s are just old (new) enough to become affordable for non corvette enthusiasts - I've even seen a few threads were guys are asking "whats this wave thing"

Plenty of C5 guys work on their cars, just visit C5 Tech. Are they "easy" to work on? - hell no - come on - gotta drop the whole drivetrain to replace the clutch as one example, not to mention all the computers and such, but there are many guys that do, and do their own tuning...me, other than some basic stuff, take mine to a local performance shop...

Now, I'm not in here protecting C5s, I have a C3 too, 1977 L-82 4 speed 48k mi- 210 hp So even within a generation we can debate the earlys vs the lates....
But that 77 I drove anywhere, was my DD back in the day and man I kept it pristine; unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, life happened and now she's in a state of disrepair as you can see if you visit my members page. Just getting back into trying to get her back on the road - biggest issue now - Brakes.

To me, each gen has its highlights and I love em all

Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
TexasTechDad
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree! It was stated earlier... We are a big disfunctional family!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree, love them all; have 1 from every genre except a C7 and C1, the funnest ones are the C4s....CHEAP, CHEAP CHEAP for World Class performance!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM
boeing46
Racer

Originally Posted by Mgrad92
By definition, C5's and C6's are younger cars, and tend not to have as many age related issues.
That being said, I own a C3 because I love the way they look. And it provides me with a never ending list of projects to keep me busy and out of trouble.
Seriously, if I wasn't able to work on my car, I wouldn't be happy.
"I love the way they look". Nuff said.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi,
Will ANYONE be able to work on a C6 in their HOME GARAGE in 35 years?
What will the parts availability be like?
Regards,
Alan
Just wait to see what the "quality" reproduction computers and sensors look like from China or wherever the next emerging market is...
Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasTechDad
I agree! It was stated earlier... We are a big disfunctional family!
(I first heard this as it applied to big trucks, but it seems to fit here as well, so I changed the wording just a little....)

"There`s two kinds of classic car enthusiasts.....
those that drive Corvettes....
and those that wish they could!"

Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Red99Hardtop
Instructor

This is America dammit, COLLECT THEM ALL!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
den(thevetteman)78
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's two kinds of C5/C6 owners.

There's the one's that had C3 corvettes before and as they get older now they want a car more reliable that they can go on a club weekend cruise without having to break the bank for gas and with air conditioning at max they can have a real nice ride and they can wave at every corvettes they sees.

There's the other kind that there C5/C6 are there first corvette because they have a lot of HP for the money and they look cool. Those don't even know what a 427 is and there mecanical abilities stop at opening the hood to put windshield washer fluid.

There are not all like that. Some do like the new Corvettes for what they are, a real nice machine that make your heartbeat goes sky high when you look at them and when you start it in your driveways or when you floored it to pass a car on the highway.

I have a lot of friends in the first category. Those guys always wave back and are great people to hang with.

If i had the choice and the money i would have a C5 or a C6 for my DD too and my '78 would be my show queen and my sunday drive.

Last edited by den(thevetteman)78; 04-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: It's a MIRACLE