Sponsored by:

I got pulled over!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
enroberts
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobs77vet
Pa right???? you dont have front license plates do you?
Nope, only a plate on the rear with a model a picture on it!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Slotehog
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marines
I will never forget the time in 1955 when I, in my 1951 ****** Jeepster, was pulled over by a motorcycle officer. I was speeding and my car was abright yellow and, of course, the top down, and two young ladies in the passenger seat and in the back. The officer slowly walked up to the left reat passenger area and when I reached back to hand him the registration and my license, he..........told me to go home and put my license on his dresser and that I was grounded for two weeks! Embarassment Time.
I had a similar incident when I was 17...except it was an obscenity laced tirade with a combination of basic math (80 effing miles an hour?! That's 30mph over the limit!!) and how he was going to beat my *** when I got home...which surprises me because I would have thought he would have done it right there on the side of the road.

I can just imagine the IA investigation about that one..."You want to report an incident of police brutality? Do you realize the officer was beating his own son senseless? Yes ma'am I do realize it appeared like police brutality but there is no law against disciplining your children and 30mph over deserves an *** whoopin when your kid is the driver."

As srs244 said: The officer admitted he made a mistake, apologized for the mistake and sent you on your way. The way it should always be when a mistake is made. It does happen occasionally.

Andy
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by enroberts
Nope, only a plate on the rear with a model a picture on it!
seems like a reasonable approach taken by everyone. no harm no foul
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

I've been wondering if this was going to be happening to me. I just got my antique plates a couple weeks ago and the first thing I did was scrape off the inspection sticker.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

After reading this post I decided to make an appointment at the California DMV for my new plates. When I bought my 73 and 75 they did not have front plates, so I put a Corvette Plate on the front of them.

But knowing that I could be pulled over and ticketed, and reading this thread I went to the DMV this afternoon and got new replacement plates for both cars, Only $19 each car ($38) total and the plates are sequential numbered for both cars.

$38 beats how much the ticket would have been.

But on the way home, I counted 43 cars without front plates in less than 30 minutes of driving.

kdf
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 AM
69 Chevy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enroberts
At least he could've told me my car looked good!
********* like him rarely do.

Quick Reply: I got pulled over!