Sponsored by:

c3 registry

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 AM
AussieCorvette
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default c3 registry

just curious if there is a registry of all corvettes produced????

i am wanting to see how many corvettes came of the line on my birthday.

i looked at c3registry.org
and there are some on that... but only if you register the corvette yourself is it on there...

not wanting to know who owns the vette... just see how many were produced and what type... coupe/convertible... what colour.... engine size... and so on..

if anyone can help would be great...

Aussie Corvette
Old 08-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi ac,
I don't think I've seen any statistics that answer the questions you're asking. I believe that monthly totals by serial number is as detailed as the GM info gets.
The registries might offer some additional info to some people because of info entered by other owners for a certain date.
When you look at pictures of the production line it's pretty clear that body style, engine type, and colors were generally all mixed together on any given day.
Sorry!
Regards,
Alan
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM
AussieCorvette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi ac,
I don't think I've seen any statistics that answer the questions you're asking. I believe that monthly totals by serial number is as detailed as the GM info gets.
The registries might offer some additional info to some people because of info entered by other owners for a certain date.
When you look at pictures of the production line it's pretty clear that body style, engine type, and colors were generally all mixed together on any given day.
Sorry!
Regards,
Alan
Thanks Alan

Basically one day i would love to own a 1969 Black/Black 427 with factory sidepipes..... and as close to january 9th... MY birthday:happybday :
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

You want all Corvettes, or only C3s?

What's your birthday? (rhetorical)
Beginning with June 30, 1953, check a perpetual calenedar to determine when your birthday fell on a Sunday or a major American holdiay. The plant did not run on Sundays and major holidays.

Subtracting Sundays and holidays above, determine how many times your birthday has popped up on a Corvette production day. Obviously once a year unless you were born on February 29th.

Mulitply by 110. That will get you in the ball park.

If you want to get down to rocket science, use the monthly production figures in the Black Book and other sources, determine the average daily production for your birthday, and add them up. Pay specific attention to dates of known work stoppages and subtract those if they fall on your birthday.

If you were born before June 30, 1953, you'll have some birthdays where there was no Corvette production.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
AussieCorvette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
You want all Corvettes, or only C3s?

What's your birthday? (rhetorical)
Beginning with June 30, 1953, check a perpetual calenedar to determine when your birthday fell on a Sunday or a major American holdiay. The plant did not run on Sundays and major holidays.

Subtracting Sundays and holidays above, determine how many times your birthday has popped up on a Corvette production day. Obviously once a year unless you were born on February 29th.

Mulitply by 110. That will get you in the ball park.

If you want to get down to rocket science, use the monthly production figures in the Black Book and other sources, determine the average daily production for your birthday, and add them up. Pay specific attention to dates of known work stoppages and subtract those if they fall on your birthday.

If you were born before June 30, 1953, you'll have some birthdays where there was no Corvette production.

thanks mike...
that sounds easy as... hahaahahaaa

i only want c3's
what i would love is a corvette convertible that came of production line.... on my birthday...
january 9th 1969
i reakon that would be a scream.... having a vette the same age as yourself.....
Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by AussieCorvette
...a corvette convertible that came of production line...on my birthday...january 9th 1969...
Seek and ye shall find. January 9, 1969 was a Thursday. Quesstimate about 110 cars that day. Most would have been coupes, but a little more than a third could have been convertibles. Call it 35 convertibles rolling off the line on the day you were born.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:47 AM
AussieCorvette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Seek and ye shall find. January 9, 1969 was a Thursday. Quesstimate about 110 cars that day. Most would have been coupes, but a little more than a third could have been convertibles. Call it 35 convertibles rolling off the line on the day you were born.

sweet thanks mike

now all i need to do is win some money.... fly over to the states...
and find me a 1969 (9th January) 427 black on black with factory side pipes and i am a happy man...

easy.....

hahaaaaa

Get notified of new replies

To c3 registry

Quick Reply: c3 registry