Sponsored by:

c3 High Beams only not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM
InvertedHorizons
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c3 High Beams only not working

Hi guys, ive searched this topic and found numerous threads but no concrete answers...

yesterday I was driving my 81 corvette and the high beams began to flicker slightly at first. and then almost turning off completely... when I saw this I clicked them back down into Low beam only,

when I clicked back up into high beam the high beams would not come back on. and the Blue high beam indicator would not come back on either, a few minutes prior both were working properly...

is there a fuse dedicated ONLY to the high beams or is there some other specific problem for this? I know its not the bulbs because they both wouldn't go out randomly at the exact same time. and I think the switch is still working because it Clicks and was working just a few minutes before..

if anyone has any input I would really appreciate it.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM
427basketcase
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure if your year has the dimmer on the turn signal stock or not, but I have seen lots of similar issues with the floor switch, and replacing it always solves those weird issues.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 PM
InvertedHorizons
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 427basketcase
I'm not sure if your year has the dimmer on the turn signal stock or not, but I have seen lots of similar issues with the floor switch, and replacing it always solves those weird issues.
I believe the dimmer switch is on the **** that you push / pull to lower the headlights... the black lever on the column just clicks the headlights from high to low / turn signal..

which switch would you replace?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

The dimmer for an 81 is on teh column. And it can be the dimmer switch which is mounted on top of the column

NO...there is NO fuse for high beams or headlights at all. You can un-plug the dimmer switch and plug in a new one and manually test it to see if that fixes it. #-wire connector on the left side of the column. It is the switch that has a metal rod connected to it that will plunge when you move your turn signal switch.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To c3 High Beams only not working

Quick Reply: c3 High Beams only not working