sorry to here.

on the bright side it can be fixed

good luck
Old 12-08-2013, 07:29 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I don't think you can repair that. The hood is fixable, no question. But with chunks missing and that splitting across the top and side, that is going to need to be replaced. I am thinking whole front clip.

Take it to a custom shop. They will paint it right and leave it immaculate. As long as you have full coverage, you shouldn't have a problem getting the fixes paid for. I am betting at least 6k for everything.

Also, I am glad you were not hurt.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Terrible news, hope the insurance company can get you back on the road soon.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
4 speed
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well , they say it can be fixed for 7500.oo
3500 in parts and about 3300 in parts
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow...glade your doing good , even if the car is worse the wear.

'twas 1979 I was driving home 11pm 250mile trip on a two lane road Just headed home for Xmas break from college. I was in the the 74 corvette coupe , my first vette. I was doing 55 mph , pitch black in the boonies and a nice racked buck steps out in the road dead center And stops...As a teen with lightning fast reflex I locked up the brakes , the vette skidded perfectly straight and came to a stop about four feet from the buck. He just stood there for,a moment starring at me ....shook his head ....and walked on across the road and disappeared into the night............whew that was sooooooo close.

I could not duplicate that scene today , my eyesight at night is awful and reflexes way to slow to avoid that deal.

I have lived the life of a cat with nine life's with my corvettes.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
4 speed
Pro

just looked over the est., they left out the radiator, A/C condenser and the frame extension tube tube piece that everything bolts to. wonder what else he missed
I was planning to rebuild it my self. but now Iam afriad I'll get into it a find other stuff and it will be too late.

guess I got to get on the phone
Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 speed
just looked over the est., they left out the radiator, A/C condenser and the frame extension tube tube piece that everything bolts to. wonder what else he missed
I was planning to rebuild it my self. but now Iam afriad I'll get into it a find other stuff and it will be too late.

guess I got to get on the phone
Yes, get on the 'phone. Sounds like a sloppy appraiser. You are getting into write-off territory I am afraid, particularly if that front frame extension bend translates backwards. You can get a second opinion.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 PM
4 speed
Pro

its not bent backward but the 2 arms coming off the front are bentand twisted, 1 is ripped away from the weld.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 speed
its not bent backward but the 2 arms coming off the front are bentand twisted, 1 is ripped away from the weld.
I was referring to the frame beyond the extensions. Make sure that is looked at carefully. I really can't say much more but I wish you well with whatever the insurance company decides to do. A really tough break for you.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:17 PM
4 speed
Pro

talked to the ins co. today. the est. I looked at on line was just a partial. because the assessor or I couldn't open the the hood, he suggested the car be taken to the shop for tear down. somewhere the ball got dropped and no one contacted me.
the tow company pick it up a little while ago, during his walk around with the car up on the truck. we spotted a few more cracks around each rear corner by the bumper mounts.
I called the shop its going to and they were telling me where they were before I could describe it. they weren't surprised. they won't get to the tear down til monday. so we'll see next week.

Quick Reply: missed the deer, not the guardrail :(