Sponsored by:

Heat Shields

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Heat Shields

I know, I know, it has been discussed hundreds of times, but I havnt found the information I am looking for.

I am looking for a low cost heat shield option and would like to see how other have mounted the patriot style shields. I know deans are the preferred on here, and the plain and simple are pretty nice looking, but I just cannot spend $400 on these right now. That said, the first weekend running my dad and I both got burned (dads is pretty bad). I cannot have that. I actually kind of like the look of the cheese graders, but I cannot find mounting straps for them unless it is in a $300+ kit. I can get the shields for ~$60 each, there is no way the mounting straps are $200!!

I thought of using worm clamps but I am concerned the shields will just slip around to the bottom of the pipe. What have others done, what works?
Old 07-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Default Heat Shields

Nothing?
Old 07-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Even the $500 ones are held on with nothing more than worm clamps. They will work fine. Saving my money now for a set of Dean's.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Default Heat Shields

I'd love a set of deans...but i can't wait until funds free up and risk more burns. One burn on my wife or son and i will have a hard time getting her too let me keep the car...she already hates it

Get notified of new replies

To Heat Shields

Quick Reply: Heat Shields