Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Epic Failure!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 04:22 PM
454Luvr
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

I go to a helluva lot of trouble to buy non-Chinese products. It's a way of life for me, and not just for car parts. It's becoming more difficult by the week though, and some types of components (like brake rotors) are simply no longer made in the U.S. What really gets me is that the parts that are still made here are now MUCH more expensive than their imported counterparts. That's not just because they're better, but because they've lost market share to the junk sellers. The U.S. companies can't manufacture or sell the same volume as in years past. We're all going to be under the Chinese thumb very soon.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:26 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Years ago Napa gave you a choice, cheap or good

Scary thing is a lot of replacement (and OEM)parts for brand new cars come from the same place;better off with old cars now.

(Keep buying those cheap engine kits off ebay guys, watch)

Heard China mfg in general is getting hammered by other countries knock offs of their knock offs.

That sucks, glad there wasnt any more damage.

Last edited by cv67; 06-01-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:32 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

As far as dept goes China has owned us a long time,

The whole "buy American" thing is pretty askew especially for people on a budget that have to get the most for their money, and just because we do track down that elusive higher priced USA made part doesn't mean it's not garbage, ever looked at the USA made stuff at walmart?
And not just car parts there are simply a lot of things we all use daily that there isn't any USA made version,

the USA manufactures simply can not price compete and offer a quality item a great example of the whole enchilada is the big jump in people on this forum who buy and are thrilled with the champion radiator that is an import and is a fraction of the price of the USA made unit, some people who need a radiator can afford 200.00 they can not afford 500-800-1000 etc...so

Yep it's a big old mess and it will just keep getting bigger and messier/
Old 06-03-2016, 12:30 PM
billcarson
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

it has affected me in that i would not restore another car with all the crap parts.i rebuilt all i could out of being thrifty and efficient.i also would not buy an older car as a driver for the same reason.i hope others keep the passion but i'm too old to deal with this.every replacement part i buy seems to fail.i'll be out there waving more vigorously in respect to those that carry on,regardless what vintage car they are driving.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:04 PM
454Luvr
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by billcarson
I also would not buy an older car as a driver for the same reason.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I almost passed on my '82 for that reason. I HATE putting Chinese junk in cars. I also don't enjoy working on them like I did 30 years ago, and doing a job two or three times because the parts are crap puts me over the top. Then there's the problem getting suppliers to tell you where the parts are made before placing the order. I'm not gonna do this much longer.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:59 PM
David Mc
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've never seen a coolant sensor mounted in that position. Are you sure the impeller didn't contact the thermister bulb?
Old 06-08-2016, 06:29 AM
High Altitude Vette
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Chinese parts..don't get me started I spent weeks doing research on fuel injection. Finally settled on the 2x4 F1Tech system, never in stock, always back order...
Lucked out and one day Jegs had 1..only 1 so I grabbed it.

Get it unboxed and go to set the shiny new boxes up on the fender covers for a quick pic..made in china sticker

Kept them for a week plus as the pump system was still on back order.
everytime I walked past it made me a little more sick to my stomach.
Finally just sent them back and canceled the pump.

A friend? told me what did I expect as they were cheaper than others. I said I did not realize $2000 (before the $500ish pump system) was cheap
Gary

Quick Reply: Epic Failure!!!