Bird cage value question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Madhatr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Bird cage value question

Hello all,

As some may know I am planning a frame swap and suspension upgrade. With that I want to add a custom roll cage, and idealy I would like to mock everthing up bwfore the swap.

So my question is....

What is a fair value for a bird cage? It doesn't have to be solid, because it is just for layout purposes. In fact cheaper the better for me. So what does the collective think? What can I find one for?
Old 06-17-2016, 06:25 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I crawl the net basically daily, I have seen several birdcage even with the rear clip in the 300.00 range, I would think in some cases a rusty bc that you could still use might get you one for free just to haul it off,

Then their will be the CL guys who think because it's "corvette" it's worth a zillion.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Scrap price at best for a rusted one. If I had one I would gladly give it to you for free. Shipping would kill it though unless you could find one local.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:51 AM
Andy Tuttle
Melting Slicks

Received 392 Likes on 340 Posts

Hey Chris - lowest l have seen is $100. Just gotta keep your eyes open and of course as you know living in Iowa, be ready for a road trip. Of course, you would HATE that! GLWFI!
Old 06-18-2016, 07:52 AM
530planeman
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Madhatr
Hello all,

As some may know I am planning a frame swap and suspension upgrade. With that I want to add a custom roll cage, and idealy I would like to mock everthing up bwfore the swap.

So my question is....

What is a fair value for a bird cage? It doesn't have to be solid, because it is just for layout purposes. In fact cheaper the better for me. So what does the collective think? What can I find one for?
I saw that George 60fi here on forum has one for $250 down in Texas
Old 06-18-2016, 01:43 PM
Madhatr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Scrap price would be awesome, but not too much comes up for sale localy. I will probably end up road tripping to get one... so the trip and trailer figures in too. I had reasonable luck finding my frame by posting a want ad on CL. Honestly I would like to be 'all-in' for between $200-300 (obviously cheaper the better), but I wanted to know if I was out of line with that thinking.

Get notified of new replies

To Bird cage value question

Quick Reply: Bird cage value question