C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am going to sell my 80 soon, just need help pricing it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:17 AM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Default I am going to sell my 80 soon, just need help pricing it.

It's a black on black 80 with a 355 and a 4 speed.
Motor is new with a ATK shortblock and a Performer RPM top end kit with roller cam. Mallory ignition, Msd hooker super comps.
Brakes are all new, rotors, rebuilt caliper and brake lines. The only one not replaced was the long one along the chassis. New master. Braided lines to the calipers.
Front suspension is all new with the Borgenson conversion.
Rear suspension has new shocks, adjustable arms, and the half shafts were rebuilt as was the driveshaft.
Interior is all new. Including dash pad. Autometer gauges in the center dash.
Paint is new. Featherfill, block sanded then SPI epoxy then DB 9700 PPG black then SPI universal clear. I have been painting cars for over 40 years and this one is very nice for being painted in my garage. There are some small imperfections in the paint, but unless you look real close you will never find them. All weatherstripping is new. Replaced front and rear bumpers and molded them in. It also has an Astro top.
Head lights vacuum setup is all brand new. From headlight switch to headlights.
New tires and polished 80 wheels.

The car has about 200 miles on it since I started using it.

I have about 24k in the car with the purchase price and realize I am not going to get it back. I have someone this weekend I am going to show the car.

The down side is there is no AC the whole system was removed. The firewall has one of those firewall AC covers. The heater isn't hooked up, it works but the heater hoses aren't there and the vacuum has to be setup and the blower switch has to be wired in the engine compartment. The tach isn't hooked up, it works but I have a Sun super tach in there. Also the speedo isn't hooked up. It works and the cable is new, just never hooked it up in back of the speedo.

And the reason I am selling the car is I am going to buy a chrome bumper car. I have been putting money away for awhile now. I have 25k and was going to put a big block in this and some other work. But have decided to go with the chrome bumper car.

Last edited by 540 vette; 08-22-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:11 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by 540 vette
It's a black on black 80 with a 355 and a 4 speed.
Motor is new with a ATK shortblock and a Performer RPM top end kit with roller cam. Mallory ignition, Msd hooker super comps.
Brakes are all new, rotors, rebuilt caliper and brake lines. The only one not replaced was the long one along the chassis. New master. Braided lines to the calipers.
Front suspension is all new with the Borgenson conversion.
Rear suspension has new shocks, adjustable arms, and the half shafts were rebuilt as was the driveshaft.
Interior is all new. Including dash pad. Autometer gauges in the center dash.
Paint is new. Featherfill, block sanded then SPI epoxy then DB 9700 PPG black then SPI universal clear. I have been painting cars for over 40 years and this one is very nice for being painted in my garage. There are some small imperfections in the paint, but unless you look real close you will never find them. All weatherstripping is new. Replaced front and rear bumpers and molded them in. It also has an Astro top.
Head lights vacuum setup is all brand new. From headlight switch to headlights.
New tires and polished 80 wheels.

The car has about 200 miles on it since I started using it.

I have about 24k in the car with the purchase price and realize I am not going to get it back. I have someone this weekend I am going to show the car.

The down side is there is no AC the whole system was removed. The firewall has one of those firewall AC covers. The heater isn't hooked up, it works but the heater hoses aren't there and the vacuum has to be setup and the blower switch has to be wired in the engine compartment. The tach isn't hooked up, it works but I have a Sun super tach in there. Also the speedo isn't hooked up. It works and the cable is new, just never hooked it up in back of the speedo.

And the reason I am selling the car is I am going to buy a chrome bumper car. I have been putting money away for awhile now. I have 25k and was going to put a big block in this and some other work. But have decided to go with the chrome bumper car.
I recall you flip flopping and I have made so many car mistakes but I finally learned do not settle, get or in my case build what you desire, so if you want a chrome get one...

AC will only hurt so much as its a hot rod now and a person would want modern ac anyway,
Projects are so hard to price and you didn't include pictures but with the kind of money you have invested and all I know considered normally I would have said 1/2 - 2/3 the investment is a good starting price and let the looky lous start knocking it down...
Old 08-23-2016, 01:25 PM
RobWilson
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 218 Likes on 145 Posts

As a person that was shopping for an '80 Corvette until I bought mine 5 months ago, I'll give my two cents. The a/c would have held me back on buying it, but it sounds like a great car overall. I'm guessing you can probably get $13k-$15k for it if you find the right buyer.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:50 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Originally Posted by RobWilson
As a person that was shopping for an '80 Corvette until I bought mine 5 months ago, I'll give my two cents. The a/c would have held me back on buying it, but it sounds like a great car overall. I'm guessing you can probably get $13k-$15k for it if you find the right buyer.

I have 25k for a 69 to 72 car.I would like to spend 18k to 20k for the car so I have around 7k to make it like I want it if I don't find the right one. I am not one to look for years for the right one. Then what ever I get for the 80 is going to get the big block I want and any performance upgrades to it. I can't do anything until the 80 is sold. I have a 2 car garage. And I don't want to leave one of them outside. The other stall has my 67 pro street GTO. That also may be going soon.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:52 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Originally Posted by The13Bats
I recall you flip flopping and I have made so many car mistakes but I finally learned do not settle, get or in my case build what you desire, so if you want a chrome get one...

AC will only hurt so much as its a hot rod now and a person would want modern ac anyway,
Projects are so hard to price and you didn't include pictures but with the kind of money you have invested and all I know considered normally I would have said 1/2 - 2/3 the investment is a good starting price and let the looky lous start knocking it down...
Not a project car Bats. This car is 100% done.
The following users liked this post:
The13Bats (08-24-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 08:23 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

The car you have now sounds great.a/c in your part of the country should not be a deal breaker.The four speed can be hard to find most are autos.The motor sounds like it should run good and the car has a great paint job.Its worth good money but a 80 is not worth as much as a 68 -72 with the same work and money in it.Hope you can find the right buyer who understands how much you have in it.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:18 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by 540 vette
Not a project car Bats. This car is 100% done.
Sorry my bad, then sure about 12-15 depending on finding the cat who wants a hopped up 80 model....
Old 08-24-2016, 02:40 PM
tyancey00
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I have an 80 and the value should be about 15 grand. I have it sorted very well. Paint is good, motor is 383 stroker, 4 speed and the AC is cold, interior is fresh. 15 is all I would think I could get.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:56 PM
540 vette
Race Director

I have a guy that is going to look at it this weekend. He's an old friend and is waiting for an accident settlement to come in. He's supposed to get it in September. I told him 15k. If he dosen't want it I will put it on E Bay. I can't buy another until this is gone. Unless it is a good deal then I will buy one and cover it.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:01 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

price is low for what you have in it but is a realistic price.

Get notified of new replies

To I am going to sell my 80 soon, just need help pricing it.

Quick Reply: I am going to sell my 80 soon, just need help pricing it.