Sponsored by:

Shifter Stick Length

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 12:57 AM
MAP73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Shifter Stick Length

I am just finishing up my 73 and did a T5 conversion. My original 4speed had a Hurst shifter installed.

I intend to use one of those faux stock looking shifter handles and will have to fab a adapter to position where the stick is located in order to get it to be centered in relation to where the shifter boot is.

My question is how high above the console does a stock 4speed shifter sit? I just need to know the distance from the console top to the top of the shifter ball.

If someone could measure theirs I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Mark
Old 12-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Tooch1
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by MAP73
I am just finishing up my 73 and did a T5 conversion. My original 4speed had a Hurst shifter installed.

I intend to use one of those faux stock looking shifter handles and will have to fab a adapter to position where the stick is located in order to get it to be centered in relation to where the shifter boot is.

My question is how high above the console does a stock 4speed shifter sit? I just need to know the distance from the console top to the top of the shifter ball.

If someone could measure theirs I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Map73,
All 73 Manual shifter length is 5 inches from the console to the top of the ball when it is in reverse. According to the Judging Manual, the service replacements will measure about 1and 1/2 inches longer.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jimmy

Last edited by Tooch1; 12-26-2016 at 09:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MAP73 (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 10:43 AM
MAP73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooch1
Hi Map73,
All 73 Manual shifter length is 5 inches from the console to the top of the ball when it is in reverse. According to the Judging Manual, the service replacements will measure about 1and 1/2 inches longer.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jimmy
Exactly what I needed to know. My car is a driver but I didn't want it to look abnormal as far as the shifter height. I appreciate it much.

mark
Old 12-27-2016, 07:54 PM
lowbuck72
Drifting

Received 468 Likes on 274 Posts

[QUOTE=MAP73;1593735251]Exactly what I needed to know. My car is a driver but I didn't want it to look abnormal as far as the shifter height. I appreciate it much.

I also did the T5 conversion, and I particularly like it taller than stock.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Shifter Stick Length

Quick Reply: Shifter Stick Length