Winter Auto Fest Lakeland - Carlisle Events

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 06:11 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Winter Auto Fest Lakeland - Carlisle Events

I will be heading down to Florida the end of February to attend three events and I wanted to seek input from my Southern Corvette Friends (that would be all of you living South of the Mason Dixon) if any of you are attending the Winter Auto Fest event?

Name:  2017-01-27_6-04-17.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  61.1 KB

I will be attending the Auto Fest during the day Friday the 24th; the NASCAR Camping World Truck race Friday night; back to Auto Fest on Saturday; attending Daytona 500 on Sunday the 26th; and either sleeping in on Monday the 27th or attending the 500 if it is is delayed due to weather and runs on Monday. In any case I will be there.

I have decided to drive down and will have my truck and plenty of room for parts. If you have some parts and might be willing to meet up then please look for "AllVettes4Me" in the C-3 parts for sale section and my WTB ads.

I am willing to shop for others and have done that in the past shows including Corvettes at Carlisle for Priya, Dennis (BMan) and others. If I can help you look or find something, let me know.

If you are attending, or know of the event, have any suggestions, ideas, want to grab a beer, then let me know.

Hope to meet some new old friends in Florida.

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 01-27-2017, 07:17 AM
530planeman
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me
I will be heading down to Florida the end of February to attend three events and I wanted to seek input from my Southern Corvette Friends (that would be all of you living South of the Mason Dixon) if any of you are attending the Winter Auto Fest event?

Attachment 48057716

I will be attending the Auto Fest during the day Friday the 24th; the NASCAR Camping World Truck race Friday night; back to Auto Fest on Saturday; attending Daytona 500 on Sunday the 26th; and either sleeping in on Monday the 27th or attending the 500 if it is is delayed due to weather and runs on Monday. In any case I will be there.

I have decided to drive down and will have my truck and plenty of room for parts. If you have some parts and might be willing to meet up then please look for "AllVettes4Me" in the C-3 parts for sale section and my WTB ads.

I am willing to shop for others and have done that in the past shows including Corvettes at Carlisle for Priya, Dennis (BMan) and others. If I can help you look or find something, let me know.

If you are attending, or know of the event, have any suggestions, ideas, want to grab a beer, then let me know.

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
David
If you know any people looking for a good body and chassis ENGINE Not included I think it's 75??
$1500
Wes
Old 01-27-2017, 07:36 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

If health, life, timing etc allows looks like this will get the bat and tina outta the cave,
A good friend don who makes that sweet chrome bumper conversion will be there and he has a set of fiberglass stock replica bumpers waiting for me.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:50 AM
maverickmk
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 186 Posts

David, this is great news! You can bring that LS motor you've been wanting to give me. And, I'll even let you stay at my house while you're here
Old 01-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Wee
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 237 Posts

David....Any clue when you will be going thru the Atlanta area either on the way or back home....? If timing is right lunch at the world famous 4-Way is on me.....There is a nice big empty parking lot right across the street for the truck and trailer.

Brian
Old 01-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

I am thinking of driving my C3 down from Jacksonville to have it looked at by the judges.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:49 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by maverickmk
David, this is great news! You can bring that LS motor you've been wanting to give me. And, I'll even let you stay at my house while you're here
We won't be far apart, I'll be staying in Maitland during my visit. I thought would be central between Lakeland and Daytona for my planned activities during my visit. Looking forward to the visit for sure. Will you be heading to the swap meet, show, fly in?
David
Old 01-28-2017, 09:33 AM
maverickmk
Drifting

We won't be far apart, I'll be staying in Maitland during my visit. I thought would be central between Lakeland and Daytona for my planned activities during my visit. Looking forward to the visit for sure. Will you be heading to the swap meet, show, fly in?
David
I could be persuaded
Actually I didn't know anything about it until you started this thread. I would absolutely go if you needed a co-pilot or 5th wheel.
At least contact me so we can meet up for lunch. My house is literally a couple miles from Maitland.
The following users liked this post:
AllC34Me (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 10:55 AM
530planeman
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts

Attachment 48057716

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
David
See you there
Wes
The following users liked this post:
AllC34Me (01-28-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 12:51 PM
JimE
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How large is the car corral there? I'm considering making the trip, to try & find a car?
Thanks
Jim
Old 02-05-2017, 02:46 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by JimE
How large is the car corral there? I'm considering making the trip, to try & find a car?
Thanks
Jim
I would contact Carlisle, their web site doesn't really call that out clearly.
Best regards,
David
Old 02-19-2017, 06:01 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Wee
David....Any clue when you will be going thru the Atlanta area either on the way or back home....? If timing is right lunch at the world famous 4-Way is on me.....There is a nice big empty parking lot right across the street for the truck and trailer.

Brian
Brian,
I arrive in Athens on Wednesday afternoon the 22nd, depart Thursday morning for Maitland, FL.
I return to Athens on Monday the 27th in the morning, pick up the 69 rolling chassis, pack up my trailer, and head for Charlotte for the evening. Unfortunately I am a man on a mission and my plans are a bit tight on time this time around. I do appreciate the offer though, I really do, just have to make it another time please.
Thank you very much.
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 02-19-2017, 06:05 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by maverickmk
I could be persuaded
Actually I didn't know anything about it until you started this thread. I would absolutely go if you needed a co-pilot or 5th wheel.
At least contact me so we can meet up for lunch. My house is literally a couple miles from Maitland.
My plans are to arrive on Thursday afternoon/early evening. I am in Maitland the evenings of the 23-26, leaving out early the 27th. I have plans to head to Lakeland Friday for the day, Daytona for the evening race; Saturday at Lakeland for the day. No other plans Saturday. Sunday I will attend the Daytona 500.
Let me know if you want to meet up.
Best regards,
David
Old 02-19-2017, 07:27 PM
Wee
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 237 Posts

No problem David....Have a safe trip. Hope you find all the parts you are looking for.

Brian
Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM
maverickmk
Drifting

My plans are to arrive on Thursday afternoon/early evening. I am in Maitland the evenings of the 23-26, leaving out early the 27th. I have plans to head to Lakeland Friday for the day, Daytona for the evening race; Saturday at Lakeland for the day. No other plans Saturday. Sunday I will attend the Daytona 500.
Let me know if you want to meet up.
Best regards,
David
PM'd you.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:36 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I checked to web site but not getting an answer
Anyone know about how big the swap meet is?
About how many vendors?
Old 02-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi,
If you look at the list of vendors there appears to be hundreds. (A thousand?)
If the percentage of Corvette vendors for this event is similar to the percentage at Spring and Fall Carlisle that would mean dozens to maybe a hundred?
Regards,
Alan

Get notified of new replies

To Winter Auto Fest Lakeland - Carlisle Events

Old 02-21-2017, 05:23 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

The car corral isn't overly impressive IMHO. Although its a 'Carlisle Event' its nothing like what you'll find at the Carlisle Corvette meet.

Is it worth the admission? Yes. Is it worth the admission and a looooong drive? Eh.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:24 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
I checked to web site but not getting an answer
Anyone know about how big the swap meet is?
About how many vendors?
I would make the drive from Eustis....
Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by jim2527
The car corral isn't overly impressive IMHO. Although its a 'Carlisle Event' its nothing like what you'll find at the Carlisle Corvette meet.

Is it worth the admission? Yes. Is it worth the admission and a looooong drive? Eh.
I'm here for Daytona Speed week. Lakeland is added icing.

Quick Reply: Winter Auto Fest Lakeland - Carlisle Events