Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a C3 drag car

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Texan79423
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 138 Posts

I use to bracket race as well. Leaving the line wheels up is really fun. That looks like one fine race car. I envy you.

I rolled a 9.90 index bracket allky car once and walked away without injury thanks to the cage and NHRA enforcement of safety rules.

I see video of C6-C7 vettes running 9-10 second passes with no cage. Scares me and not for me. If you want to race build a dedicated race car and head to the track. It's is usually cheaper too.

Have fun, be safe, and bring home the money.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Pro-Hunt
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Syl1953
Nice car, saw it on-line awhile back. Love that it is a convertible, looks really good with the hardtop. My favorite rims (metal garbage can). Any chance of it being street able? Thanks for posting, Mark
It would take a LOT of work to put it back on the street.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

I once worked with a fellow who raced 1/4 mile. He needed a cage for the speeds he was running, but decided muffler tubing would be cheaper, and who would know? He died in a on track crash.
But that corvette looks really nice! Be safe, have fun. Im thinking of buying a dedicated track car too, but Im thinking something no faster than 12's would give me the thrill on a bit more of a budget.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:15 PM
SMSC1
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt
Finally made it to the track last sunday. I have to make 'licensing' passes so had to shut it down early. Even with shutting it down at around 1000feet it still went a 10.05. It will run in the 9's for sure.

I was hoping to have all my licensing passes done so I could make a full pass but the water pump quit working so had to load up early and come home. Turns out the problem was a bad electrical plug and I have that fixed and pump now works again.

Next race is the 24th-25th so will take it back out then. I will make a post and hopefully a vid of it running after that weekend.
Any launch pics pics or shots from at the track? I'm in about the same situation as you; used to race, life happened, ready to get back at it, found a C3 drag car that seems like a good deal (relative term) , need to finish the deal and prep for renewing my license. I do plan to put an alternator, mufflers, pass seat and lights back in mine to be able to use it on a cruise in night as well.
Best best best of luck with her.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:45 AM
Pro-Hunt
Instructor

Originally Posted by SMSC1
Any launch pics pics or shots from at the track? I'm in about the same situation as you; used to race, life happened, ready to get back at it, found a C3 drag car that seems like a good deal (relative term) , need to finish the deal and prep for renewing my license. I do plan to put an alternator, mufflers, pass seat and lights back in mine to be able to use it on a cruise in night as well.
Best best best of luck with her.
Wife did get a video on the phone but I have to figure out how to get it from phone to computer. She was not able to zoom in very close. If you want to IM me your number I can text it to you.

I was just foot braking the car to get used to it and did not use the transbrake. With just foot braking; the car did not pick up the front wheels. It did leave pretty hard though and went straight thankfully.

Have you bought the car already? If so post up some pics so we can all see it!

Last edited by Pro-Hunt; 06-16-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Pro-Hunt
Instructor

Had someone help me get the video to youtube. Hope this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub7q...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Nice, wheels up looks cool but not so much when yorue behind the wheel lol.
Tell us about the powerplant, chassis etc
That is one big tire youre running!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 AM
Pro-Hunt
Instructor

It is just a aluminum headed 406 small block, power glide trans and 456 gears in a 9inch rearend. Car is a back half 4 link chassis. Tires on back are a 32-13.5 Hoosier.

Quick Reply: Got a C3 drag car