Sponsored by:

Exciting coil wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 02:58 PM
donderus
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exciting coil wires

Reviving my 69, last licensed in 99, started right up and ran, after a bit of work of course. Started it several times and then it refused to shut off when the key was put into the lock position. Steering wheel locks, you can take the key out but she just keeps chugging along. You have voltage at the coil with it shut down and key off. Figure it's the switch but would like some input on that. Thanks in advance. Don
Old 05-17-2017, 04:58 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Check the wire from the coil+ to the starter. Make sure nothing extra is plugged into the fuse panel between IGN and BAT. Disconnect the alternator. Could be the switch, but that would be last on my list. Too many of those switches out there. Usual failure is a no crank because the contacts are worn thru. Not saying it can't, but IMHO kind of unlikely
The following users liked this post:
MISTERZ06 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 09:57 PM
donderus
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanx much for the help

Tim, Thank you for the information in regards to the engine run on,
will go out and kick the tires tomorrow and see if there is any improvement. Thanks again appreciate it. Don Derus
Originally Posted by TimAT
Check the wire from the coil+ to the starter. Make sure nothing extra is plugged into the fuse panel between IGN and BAT. Disconnect the alternator. Could be the switch, but that would be last on my list. Too many of those switches out there. Usual failure is a no crank because the contacts are worn thru. Not saying it can't, but IMHO kind of unlikely

Get notified of new replies

To Exciting coil wires

Quick Reply: Exciting coil wires