Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 07:51 PM
JeffWhite73
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sunflower 1972
I myself personally, not knowing the age of the oil pressure gauge tubing, would screw around and attempt to clear it out. I would just bite the bullet and buy a new oil line. Just be sure the new line and the brass fittings are CORVETTE SPECIFIC, or else you'll have fun cleaning engine oil from the cockpit.
ok, got it...thanks.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:28 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

The downside of that strategy is that you still have to open up the gauge cluster (not an easy job). If you can clear a 'plug' using the existing line, you don't have to do anything but hook it back up.

And, if you try that and it doesn't work....what have you lost? Nada...
Old 06-27-2017, 11:59 PM
JeffWhite73
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I disconnected the oil pressure tube at the location near the distributor...I was by myself, so I put a cardboard box on the center console and propped my cell phone on it leaned up against a tire chalk, aimed at the gauges. I hit the video button and then jumped out and used a can of air (like you use on your computer keyboard, etc.) the red straw fit perfectly into the fitting. Lightly shot a few shorts bursts, then reviewed the video. The gauge didn't move. So I regrouped and tried again, shot a few quick bursts and some "snot" came out of the fitting this time. I reviewed the video and the gauge moved. I buttoned everything back up and it works like it should now.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure gauge