Missing my Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:41 AM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Missing my Vette

Here in New England, it seems it it's not raining, the next day it's been cold then a scorcher. What a summer, work is incredibly busy up early leave late. Getting married in 2 weeks, not much time to drive the vette. I recently dealt with a leaky caliper and just haven't had the time or energy to bleed the brakes. At least it's indoors and covered not sitting out in a field. I miss the old girl. My soon to be wife says my business is my first wife, the vette my second, and her being the third. I guess she's right, always wanted a 3sum, couldn't ask for a better line up

So I come here and look at pretty pictures of you all enjoying your cars, I'll get back in the drivers seat soon. It still baffles me being a born and raised Mopar guy I would fall in love with a corvette. But I did. Sorry it was a late night and these are just some early morning rants.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:25 AM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts
Default I hear that

Originally Posted by Tooonz
Here in New England, it seems it it's not raining, the next day it's been cold then a scorcher. What a summer, work is incredibly busy up early leave late. Getting married in 2 weeks, not much time to drive the vette. I recently dealt with a leaky caliper and just haven't had the time or energy to bleed the brakes. At least it's indoors and covered not sitting out in a field. I miss the old girl. My soon to be wife says my business is my first wife, the vette my second, and her being the third. I guess she's right, always wanted a 3sum, couldn't ask for a better line up

So I come here and look at pretty pictures of you all enjoying your cars, I'll get back in the drivers seat soon. It still baffles me being a born and raised Mopar guy I would fall in love with a corvette. But I did. Sorry it was a late night and these are just some early morning rants.
Early morning caffeine rant too. First car was a '68 Charger. A real p.o.s but I loved it until it rotted into oblivion. I bought a 'vette because as a kid a local club would meet on the street I lived on. Every July 4th the whole block would be filled with 'vettes and I would run around probably touching them with my little nose picking fingers.

These past few days have been unbelievably hot and humid. I have some minor work to do - power steering return hose, fiddle with the timing a bit. Try to work on anything in the garage and I'm sweating so badly my glasses are constantly sliding off my face or smeared with sweat. I want to work on it & drive it but don't want to have heat stroke in the process.

Cold I don't mind so much, or even heat really but this has been crazy. Another scorcher today.

I think the Earth has de-orbited and is probably spiraling towards the Sun. Obviously we are either being lied to for our own good or the news cycle just hasn't noticed because someone discovered that the President's shoelaces are made in China.....
Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,178 Likes on 2,738 Posts

"Hang in there".......the fun is about to start!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

...My soon to be wife says my business is my first wife, the vette my second, and her being the third...
FWIW: you might want to change the line up and put the lady at #1. Jes Sayin'.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Makonut
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I know not driving is awful. Doing a lot of work on mine. I am and always will be a die hard Mopar guy. Driven them all my life and still do. But there is just something about a vette. I wish I had the money to get back into old Mopar muscle. They are finally worth big money now. It is about time.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Easy Mike,

What she doesnt seem to understand is she is #1 and I reassure her, without 1, I wouldn't have 2&3. The vette was for her to begin with, then she bought a jeep and the vette became mine.

As far as the Mopar thing. I ended up selling my charger for a measly $500 couldn't give it away, buddy of mine just picked up a 73 from New Mexico off of Craigslist. I wouldve bought it if I had the room and the little woman's consent lol. $6500.00 not a spot of rust. Anywhere!!!!! clean car original 400 with air. Sum Bitch.

But with the vette I love the curves. It;s all about the curves, always been about the curves Sometimes I go out and just run my fingers over the curves of the vette. Even better than the curves of my charger. I love telling people I drove a Charger in the summer and my winter beater was a Barracuda. Red with white stripes, white interior with the shifter on the floor. sweet car, drove the wheels off of it. Many snow banks too!

Last edited by Tooonz; 07-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:58 PM
C369GS
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here in New England, it seems it it's not raining, the next day it's been cold then a scorcher. What a summer, work is incredibly busy up early leave late. Getting married in 2 weeks, not much time to drive the vette.
I know how you feel. I own my own business as well and haven't driven the '69 coupe I purchased in March more than half a dozen times so far this season. Most of those have been short trips to the alignment shop as I take care of phased repairs on the front and rear suspension.

I finally resorted at one point to using it as a delivery vehicle one day. I had a set of truck steps sticking up through the open T-top from the passenger foot well and bungee'd to the T-top frame and delivered them that way to a customer down in Pomfret, CT.

BTW, I'm just up 146 from you so perhaps we'll cross paths sometime before the cars go into winter hibernation.

Last edited by C369GS; 07-22-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Dirty Dalton
Drifting

Received 776 Likes on 479 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Good Grief... It's Summer. It's New England. It's hot. It's humid. We're self-employed. We can't drive our Corvettes. Do what I do and hop on your bicycle!

A great day for a ride today.

Last edited by Dirty Dalton; 07-22-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:26 PM
V4motorsports
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Just drop the top and drive!!!!!! I drive mine to work about twice a week and take it out on the weekends. Nice with the top down, breeze in the hair!

Russ
Old 07-22-2017, 08:44 PM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts
Default !

Originally Posted by V4motorsports
Just drop the top and drive!!!!!! I drive mine to work about twice a week and take it out on the weekends. Nice with the top down, breeze in the hair!

Russ
No hair left but I like the breeze on my scalp !
Old 07-23-2017, 05:56 AM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C369GS
I know how you feel. I own my own business as well and haven't driven the '69 coupe I purchased in March more than half a dozen times so far this season. Most of those have been short trips to the alignment shop as I take care of phased repairs on the front and rear suspension.

I finally resorted at one point to using it as a delivery vehicle one day. I had a set of truck steps sticking up through the open T-top from the passenger foot well and bungee'd to the T-top frame and delivered them that way to a customer down in Pomfret, CT.

BTW, I'm just up 146 from you so perhaps we'll cross paths sometime before the cars go into winter hibernation.
Millbury? Born and raised there, PM me well connect for sure, that's where my business is, surprised I haven't seen you around town. I finished bleeding my front brakes late yesterday, then it started raining so I plan on taking her out today for a test and hopefully a nice cruise.

Last edited by Tooonz; 07-23-2017 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

I know the feeling. Finally got the windshield in my mine. Got to drive it yesterday morning gosh is was awesome. Big block rumbling at the lights, sidpipes waiting to come alive. Wen t and put some fresh gas in it, a few times down the highway. Then I went home an went to work on my son's tree house. The plan was to get my chores done this morning then do the removable back window conversion. Well the weather looks to chit on that today. So we will see. If its not work, it's the weather, if it's not the weather it's the honey do list, if it's not - well you get what I mean.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Well I finally got much needed windshield time today, and I found every excuse to take a drive. I got my fix. Got a few thumbs up, saw a few brothers and sisters, one was a nice yellow 73, one was a newer vette with a 53 body conversion. And the gravity bleeding method works great. Now I'm not so apprehensive about bleeded the brakes again.

Kinda sad the sun had to set, but grateful it came up.

Last edited by Tooonz; 07-23-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

...What she doesnt seem to understand is she is #1 and I reassure her, without 1, I wouldn't have 2&3...
Now yer talkin.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:12 AM
tomvr
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Put the wife first...the job goes way down the list. Trust me, you're not married because you have a job you have a job because you're married. Never live somewhere just because that's where a job is. Live where you want to live and work a job around that.
I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, Boston and Atlanta. 14 years ago I got smart and decided I'd rather flip burgers in the mountains than live my "professional" life in Atlanta, packed it up and moved to the N.E. Georgia Mountains.
I'm still work in my same field via the net. Wouldn't have it any other way. I'm an hour and a half to the nearest interstate and an hour to the nearest 4 lane!

Get notified of new replies

To Missing my Vette

Quick Reply: Missing my Vette