C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best C3 year for what i plan on using it for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by nightli
...Doesn't literally everyone swear... especially on a forum...
Most of us do not type it for others to have to read.

...It's just a word man...i assumed most people were okay with it...
You were mistaken.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Johnnycyclone
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

You really don't give many details on what you really want, horsepower, condition, accessories, budget? How much horsepower do you need, 200, 400, 600? What condition, fully restored, one that needs a little work, or one that needs a lot of work? Power steering, power windows, air, cruise, what kind of accessories do you want? And the big one, what's the budget for the purchase? What you want vs. your budget may give you your answer. I would think you will need at least a 15K budget, just to get you close to your goal. Realistically 20-30K would get you closer. A nice 68-72 has the most horsepower, but you pay for it up front. The later years are cheaper, but you will have to buy the horsepower. Both of which will still put you on the higher end of the numbers posted. I'm not an expert for sure, this is just my .02 cents.

And to answer your other question, no, not everyone swears. Thanks for toning it down.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

am i not allowed? Doesn't literally everyone swear... especially on a forum with most people being over 20 i assume
You'll see it more commonly in the "Politics, Religion, Controversy" section of the Corvette Forum but not very much elsewhere. To the best of my recollection this is the first time I've seen the F-word in the Corvette Forum.

Last edited by Priya; 10-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,732 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by TimAT
That will be a 30 minute owner. If it's got any power at all, it'll break loose and be pointing the other direction just before it hits another car or a pole.
You really think so?!!!

I'm not a dangerous driver. i dont do these crazy things irresponsibly or in dangerous areas. i wouldnt do any crazy stuff unless its in a big parking lot or something.
That's a great idea.....

The following users liked this post:
Mark Ca (12-25-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 06:08 PM
clifish
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Again as said previously a 74+ that someone modified with more hp/bigger motor will get you where you want to be at the least amount of cost. the 69-73 will cost a boat load more.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

my whole family swears so casually
Sorry to hear that. Makes one sound less than intelligent, if that is the extent of one' s vocabulary. Surely you can do better.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:17 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

am i not allowed? Doesn't literally everyone swear... especially on a forum with most people being over 20 i assume
No, they literally don’t. Maybe 20 year olds do.

Originally Posted by Priya
You'll see it more commonly in the "Politics, Religion, Controversy" section of the Corvette Forum but not very much elsewhere. To the best of my recollection this is the first time I've seen the F-word in the Corvette Forum.
Right up until the last year f-bombs, etc were not allowed on the forum, but mods were spending too much time trying to keep up with this stuff, so the Admins decided to replace the old “offensive language” rule with an update.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-language.html

The gratuitous use is not necessary, though, as is language used to convey hostility.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:21 PM
nightli
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard454
You really think so?!!!

That's a great idea.....

just because someone else crashes in a certain area way automatically means everyone else will? great logic? so i guess its unsafe to do anything on earth now right? people havr crashed in the safest ways imaginable. just cus someone else does it doesnt mean i will? plus that dude is in a parking lot with alot of posts, the one i live near doesnt have anything in it and its huge so i dont have any worries besides rolling which i wont even get close to
Old 10-02-2017, 07:22 PM
JohnnyQuik
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Impressive. Your first post and you choose to put the F word in it.
I'm confused. I went back and read the original post and didn't see the word "Ford" anywhere.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:44 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Faster Rat
Sorry to hear that. Makes one sound less than intelligent, if that is the extent of one' s vocabulary. Surely you can do better.

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik
I'm confused. I went back and read the original post and didn't see the word "Ford" anywhere.
Now THAT is funny!
Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Cryptoboy
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik

I agree with the others. I still swear like a sailor (and I claim that right since I was one!), but I tend to tone it down unless I'm trying to take something off my '74 (or worse, putting something back on!)

But to answer the OP's question, you could get a 74-77 for less $$ up front. If the block is good, you could do some minor work/upgrades to get the HP in a respectable range. From there the sky's the limit.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 PM
nightli
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cryptoboy

I agree with the others. I still swear like a sailor (and I claim that right since I was one!), but I tend to tone it down unless I'm trying to take something off my '74 (or worse, putting something back on!)

But to answer the OP's question, you could get a 74-77 for less $$ up front. If the block is good, you could do some minor work/upgrades to get the HP in a respectable range. From there the sky's the limit.
Thanks for this response. most other are just saying im a dumb kid or how bad words offend them which i find odd cause i thought the new generation gets offended by dumb stuff, not the older ones.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:36 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I want to know how many of the cats upset over your F bombs are supporting and voting in kid rock who uses the f bomb every other word while wearing an american flag as a poncho?

Your actual question, if you want stock big hp you better have a lot of toad pelts, old nice factory hi hp vettes which died out around 71 72 even with the bbs are costly,

If you dont mind building the power,
Pick a year and make it happen, no best year,

Old 10-02-2017, 10:10 PM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Hey Nightli welcome to the forum. There is a ton of info here so you came to the right place. Im glad a young guy is interested in American iron rather than import garbage. Good for you.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Jeffs82c3
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 126 Posts

I figure the cost of the vette and let's say another $10,000. In performance adders, then have another $10,000 ready for parts breaking.... Then the cost of high insurance after getting popped for doing stupid things... Good luck
Old 10-02-2017, 10:37 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Thanks for this response. most other are just saying im a dumb kid or how bad words offend them which i find odd cause i thought the new generation gets offended by dumb stuff, not the older ones.
I think we are done here.

Quick Reply: Best C3 year for what i plan on using it for?