Sponsored by:

We all have certain abilities.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Grumpy 427
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Default We all have certain abilities.

Just sitting here this morning having a coffee and listening to Tom Petty's Greatest hits, and it made me think that we all have certain abilities. When you think about all the different types of folks out there in the world each with a skill set. Man the things we should be accomplishing, instead of killing one another.

Anyway i came from a drunken violent home, and left at 18 determined not to be anything like that. Fast forward,I have been blessed with a great life, 2 great kids, and my own skill set which i have developed over the years. I Took every automotive shop class i could in high school, then bought my own set's of tools and away i went.The result has been a love hate relationship working on old cars. lol I am just grateful today is all.

Able to go from this to this in 2 years.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Sheldon G.
The following 2 users liked this post by Grumpy 427:
Rescue Rogers (10-08-2017), SciVette (10-08-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 01:35 PM
4rensic22
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy 427
Just sitting here this morning having a coffee and listening to Tom Petty's Greatest hits, and it made me think that we all have certain abilities. When you think about all the different types of folks out there in the world each with a skill set. Man the things we should be accomplishing, instead of killing one another.

Anyway i came from a drunken violent home, and left at 18 determined not to be anything like that. Fast forward,I have been blessed with a great life, 2 great kids, and my own skill set which i have developed over the years. I Took every automotive shop class i could in high school, then bought my own set's of tools and away i went.The result has been a love hate relationship working on old cars. lol I am just grateful today is all.

Sheldon G.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:28 PM
George Washnak
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

You sir, have serious skills! Kudos to you on a great looking completed car.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:24 PM
henrikse
Pro

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

Great Work!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:25 PM
81vettski
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That is one good looking car. Nice to see that instead of perpetuating the despair you stopped the cycle. What a great example for your kids. If more people followed your example and dug deep instead of blaming society, the world might be a better place.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:43 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Sheldon G.

Happy Thanksgiving Sheldon

I find your 2 year transformation acceptable Car looks fantastic!

I keep telling my son that we are the sum of our experiences, both the good and the bad. I often look back at where I've come from and where I am now and am astonished. I often tell people that I had an unfair advantage: a Canadian education

Last edited by CA-Legal-Vette; 10-07-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:43 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,176 Likes on 2,737 Posts

Originally Posted by 81vettski
That is one good looking car. Nice to see that instead of perpetuating the despair you stopped the cycle. What a great example for your kids. If more people followed your example and dug deep instead of blaming society, the world might be a better place.
And How!

Old 10-07-2017, 11:53 PM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 202 Posts

Amen c3 brother 👍
Old 10-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Pretty impressive Grumpy, wish I had that kind of drive.

I spent about three hours sanding underneath my car in the gas tank area yesterday and I'm a little sore all over today.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:13 AM
Grumpy 427
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
Pretty impressive Grumpy, wish I had that kind of drive.

I spent about three hours sanding underneath my car in the gas tank area yesterday and I'm a little sore all over today.
I was in trouble the day i brought this car home and put it up on jack stands. lol. I started with sanding and wire wheeling the frame, next thing i knew it was completely blown apart and in a million pieces in the garage and basement. lol

Old 10-08-2017, 06:26 AM
bkvette3
Safety Car

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts

Old 10-08-2017, 10:15 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Sheldon G.

I am glad you left and you were able to move on. as a young man i thought i knew every thing.....as a 60 year old i realize i dont know squat.....i have two degrees from real colleges one of which i graduated with a 4.0 average, i dont think i fully realized how many trully smart people were out there until i was in my 40s and now i realize although like you say i have really high skills its down a particular "lane"....i see these science people and i am trully amazed. keep up the good work. i tell my kids all the time that for the most part i have observed that when some one is being a dick towards them the jerk probably actually doesnt know that they are a being a jerk and just to move on......
Old 10-08-2017, 06:26 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Sheldon G.
Congratulations Sheldon
The following users liked this post:
Grumpy 427 (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 06:42 PM
billcarson
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

love the color! great job!
The following users liked this post:
Grumpy 427 (10-08-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To We all have certain abilities.

Quick Reply: We all have certain abilities.