Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Resurrection and Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 12:28 PM
v2racing
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Man, what is it about painters? I had my own painter fiasco. Glad you got your car back.

Mike
The following users liked this post:
LeeMajors (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:40 PM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Today’s fun: finishing the removal of the roll bar and starting the pruning of the birdcage plus wire wheel and rustoleum the brackets and such.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:45 PM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Didn’t get quite as far as we hoped we would but the roll bar was cut flush and ready for foam and fiberglass. A few things to note. First, I’m concerned the shoulder harness location is compromised and I may have to rivet some steel to cover the holes, especially the passenger side.

Second there are random wires rear center and exiting the drivers side hole for the roll bar. Need to identify.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:05 AM
LeeMajors
Instructor

So starting to lay primer down, going to finish foam sealing the holes and rivet some aluminum over them with some RTV then carpet.

i’m guessing the small recess with two wires in the back center is a courtesy light assembly. Still thumbing through my assembly manual to figure out exactly what and where it goes. There’s also some random orange wire poking out from the whole they made it for the roll cage on the driver side I can’t figure out where that goes.

I’m Also curious what these two brackets with wings are that stick out from the back? Anyone have any idea?

Quick Reply: C3 Resurrection and Upgrade