Door ajar wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 12:00 AM
tpfarm
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Door ajar wiring

Hi fellows;
I have a '73 vert, I have used the search feature on the forum and have not found a definitive answer to my problem. Let me start off by saying that I am no electrician. So, I am replacing the door ajar switches , there are three wires in the cavity in front of the rear wheel openings , white and blue go directly to the switch and a pink wire (yep pink) goes to the nut plate I guess as ground, this is true on both sides of the car. I know that a lot of forum members will say that the pink wire is not correct but I have found during my searches that a few cars were wired that way and seems to be factory. My question is if the pink wire is ground how do the blue and white wires work, I have connected them to the new switch ,should I see power on these wires with the ignition switch on . Also the bulb in the dash is not there which I will replace in time but thought I would at least see power going to these wires , maybe I'm missing something simple here.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2017, 04:10 AM
old city
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The blue and white are separated in the switch.When the pin switch is open (exstended outword) it connects the blue and white wire together and makes a circuit. As for the pink wire sounds like a ground but my car has no pink wire.
The following users liked this post:
tpfarm (11-09-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:59 PM
SwampeastMike
Melting Slicks

Received 427 Likes on 377 Posts

Check for +12V at the pink wire with the ignition on. Pink is a common color for "ignition hot".
The following users liked this post:
tpfarm (11-11-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Door ajar wiring

Quick Reply: Door ajar wiring