Sponsored by:

71 ac vac harness help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 02:54 PM
ftf396
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 71 ac vac harness help

I'm putting in new ac and motor Harnesses in my 71 in an attempt to fix all the bubba stein bypasses and hopefully have working air one day. In the process I'm also checking the vac harness to see if all is in working order before closing up dash. My problem is the air inlet valve on the passenger side. In my car it has a pink stripe hose going to it, when I apply vacuum the gauge shows its holding vacuum but not at the end of the hose. So number 1, my aim which is a copy and not very clear, doesn't show a pink hose going to that valve it shows a green one and 2, why is it holding vac but not at the hose end to the valve? The diagram shows the line tees and also going to the valve in the plenum. Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks
Fred
Old 11-27-2017, 09:32 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The hose that runs to the fresh air inlet pod under the fender should have a green stripe, not pink. Someone probably replaced it at one time. But when you pull the connector at the heater control, you should be able to apply vacuum to the green hose and it should hold vacuum and also pull the door. Here is a better copy of the AIM and some pics of the actual hoses at the connector.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:11 PM
ftf396
Instructor

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
The hose that runs to the fresh air inlet pod under the fender should have a green stripe, not pink. Someone probably replaced it at one time. But when you pull the connector at the heater control, you should be able to apply vacuum to the green hose and it should hold vacuum and also pull the door. Here is a better copy of the AIM and some pics of the actual hoses at the connector.

Thanks for the info and pics but now I am confused. I went out to check how mine compares to the chart. I have going clockwise from the black vacuum hose, pink, red, tan, blue, green and white a total of 7. Also on your diagram shows the green teeing off to an orange one where ,mine has the pink hose going to the air inlet valve.
If I pull vacuum on the green hose in the diagram will it open/close both doors the green and orange?
Thanks
Old 12-10-2017, 09:04 PM
ftf396
Instructor

Originally Posted by ftf396
Thanks for the info and pics but now I am confused. I went out to check how mine compares to the chart. I have going clockwise from the black vacuum hose, pink, red, tan, blue, green and white a total of 7. Also on your diagram shows the green teeing off to an orange one where ,mine has the pink hose going to the air inlet valve.
If I pull vacuum on the green hose in the diagram will it open/close both doors the green and orange?
Thanks
Think I got it figured out. What I thought was pink going to fresh air door was faided Orange. Anyway my new question is when vac is supplied to fresh air door to open it should it close when released? Mine doesn't. Is the valve bad?
And on another subject wiper motor, can someone show me a pic of where and how the factory ground wire attaches to it on a 71?
Thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 09:25 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

When there is vacuum on the orange wire the door should close.

On the wiper motor ground, there was a lug on the lower washer pump bolt that looked like the one below. The ground was a shared ground with the blower motor.

Willcox

https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...terminal-63-67

Get notified of new replies

To 71 ac vac harness help

Quick Reply: 71 ac vac harness help