Sponsored by:

Withdrawal symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Nicky B
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Withdrawal symptoms

I've got severe 'Corvette fever' at the moment and I badly need to take her out for a run but it's hard to find a window of opportunity in amongst all the other stuff that gets in the way, working 5 days a week, dark evenings, crappy weather, Christmas visitors & visiting, help the aged (mum & dad), shopping, sleeping etc. etc. etc.

According to the BBC it will be dry and bright in my neck of the woods (Cambridge, England) tomorrow so I hope to be able to relieve the fever then!
Old 01-07-2018, 01:19 PM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts

I hear that. It'll be a while yet around here.

Really puts the F in Fahrenheit
Old 01-07-2018, 06:19 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I feel the pain- after a long drawn out engine build I got it running on May 5. Left May 6 for work, gone 6 weeks. Got home, honey-do list, left again for 4 weeks. Been like that ever since I got it running. Home 7 days max. By the time I get the honey do list out of the way, take a deep breath, and gone. Only thing now it's too cold to get it out. No difference, I won't be back home until March anyway.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:16 PM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

According to the BBC? I thought for a minute you were listening to your engine telling you it was nice enough to go for a ride until I figured it out...
Old 01-07-2018, 10:33 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 520 Likes on 358 Posts

Default Forcast -30C all week.

Originally Posted by Nicky B
I've got severe 'Corvette fever' at the moment and I badly need to take her out for a run but it's hard to find a window of opportunity in amongst all the other stuff that gets in the way, working 5 days a week, dark evenings, crappy weather, Christmas visitors & visiting, help the aged (mum & dad), shopping, sleeping etc. etc. etc.

According to the BBC it will be dry and bright in my neck of the woods (Cambridge, England) tomorrow so I hope to be able to relieve the fever then!
So Last week it was -30c all week. So what's the plan. Every year I head out to Spring Mountain in Nevada USA for a week with a new Corvette. This helps me for about 30 days before the 'fever' comes back.

Last edited by cagotzmann; 01-07-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Bergerboy
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 132 Posts

So, even though it was below zero here (highs) this weekend, I moved my '69 to LT storage for the rest of the winter. Not a long drive at all. But sad event, none-the-less.
On the way back, it was so cold, my daily driver display gave me the dreaded "Guy taking a dump" icon!!

Last edited by Bergerboy; 01-08-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:36 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,936 Posts

I hear what you are saying.
We had a low of 48 degrees this morning but with the holidays, family, remodeling the living room and throwing a new puppy into the mix, I've only had time to start mine up and back it out of the garage so I can put the holiday decorations back up in the garage rafters.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:46 PM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts

I rebuilt my carb a few weeks ago, rolled it out in the driveway and found I had made a gasoline fountain. Oops.

So I cleaned up the mess, rolled it back inside and carefully edited the stoopid out of the carb. Rookie.

Problem is a new Ice Age has dawned since then and my new driveway has heaved up so that the lip of the pavement is 1/2 - 3/4" about the concrete apron. I just give up. Not going to damage the lip or give myself a hernia pushing it over a hunk of plywood or whatever to get it into the arctic freezer outside. Isn't carb-adjusting weather anyway. No way will I start it inside - don't need to be on the local news with the Red Cross handing us donuts and me saying "we'll rebuild..."
Obviously the Universe doesn't want the car out there now and it's frustrating.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:30 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Low 20's here the other day. I drove about 30 miles with the tops out. I can't stand to go too long without hearing that big block rumble.

Get notified of new replies

To Withdrawal symptoms

Quick Reply: Withdrawal symptoms