Sponsored by:

Brakes

Old 02-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Jack605
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Brakes

So The rear brakes lasted three years three to four thousand miles maybe before one of them started leaking so I decided to go with wilwood on the front and back easy install so far only have the one left. Should I clean up this brake rotor before I install the caliber?

Jack
Attached Images   
Old 02-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Todd TCE
Supporting Vendor

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Because the rotors had another brand of pad material on them prior to the Wilwood BP10 you'd be better served having the rotors turned (minimally) prior to bedding the new pads. The off chance that the pads not being compatible with the former material is a concern. Turing them will allow the new pads to be properly bedded. Further replacement of the same compound will not require this.

* CUSTOM * Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * Crown Vic * Super Duty * Flex/SHO * Mustang * WRX * ...and more!
The following users liked this post:
PainfullySlow (02-25-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brakes

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: