Florida Chrome Shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:57 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Default Florida Chrome Shops

I was wondering as I complete my project if there are any shops that re chrome parts in or around where I live. New Smyrna Beach!
Thank You

RVZIO
Old 03-17-2018, 09:15 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

Google and found Orlando and melbourne. https://www.yellowpages.com/orlando-...SAAEgLFHvD_BwE
Old 03-17-2018, 11:46 AM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Plating

Originally Posted by rvzio
I was wondering as I complete my project if there are any shops that re chrome parts in or around where I live. New Smyrna Beach!
Thank You

RVZIO
At one time there was company called Space Coast Plating. They do a nice job and did some of my plating.

The only issue I had was they removed too much material from a couple pieces so they did not fit as they should. Plating was beautiful however.

While not convenient, if quality matters, use Librandis in PA. They did all of my bumpers and bumper guards to perfection. They can leave factory waves and make them perfect which ever you prefer.

Lead time for Librandis is 12-14 weeks however.

Yes I have been quietly following the thread. Looking good!

Kind Regards,

Bill
Old 03-17-2018, 12:22 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by derekderek
Google and found Orlando and melbourne. https://www.yellowpages.com/orlando-...SAAEgLFHvD_BwE
Thanks Derek I'll check them out. Thanks for taking the time.

Originally Posted by 1974ta
At one time there was company called Space Coast Plating. They do a nice job and did some of my plating.

The only issue I had was they removed too much material from a couple pieces so they did not fit as they should. Plating was beautiful however.

While not convenient, if quality matters, use Librandis in PA. They did all of my bumpers and bumper guards to perfection. They can leave factory waves and make them perfect which ever you prefer.

Lead time for Librandis is 12-14 weeks however.

Yes I have been quietly following the thread. Looking good!

Kind Regards,

Bill
Well Hi Bill, it's been a long time. Hope your doing okay? I will check them out and thank you for following me and the information.

RVZIO
Old 03-17-2018, 07:13 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Strongly recommend John's Stainless in Bunnell on US1

John's Stainless in Bunnell did my rear bumpers on my '66. Excellent job.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:16 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cor66vette
John's Stainless in Bunnell did my rear bumpers on my '66. Excellent job.
Thank You I will give them a call also!

RVZIO
Old 03-18-2018, 08:01 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Space Coast Plating in Melbourne has been around for a LONG time. I`ve had several pieces done there, starting with GTO bumpers almost 30 years ago! They are not cheap, but they do excellent work. Last thing I had done was the halo roof trims & rear bumpers...

I`ve boxed & shipped parts to them, and they used to have a deal where you drop parts off at a local body shop, and their truck would pick it up, and return it to that shop when it`s done, but I don`t know if they`re still doing that or not.

Last edited by oldgto; 03-18-2018 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
marshal135 (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 09:14 AM
marshal135
Safety Car

Received 797 Likes on 447 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

OldGTO,
They look great!
I'm retiring to St. Pete area in about 2 years and my front bumper will need redoing.
It's good to know there are established reliable reputable places near me.

I had Frankford Plating, Phila PA do my rears back in 2011.
Although I am very happy with the results and they have held up beautifully in the last 7 years, they sorta play a game with you.
The guy gives me a quote of 500.00 for the pair and when I go to pick them up its now 550.00? Well he's got my bumpers so what are you to do?
So I paid the ferry man his fare.
I probably would shop around before going back to him, but no complaints with the work I received.
Just be ready for a surprise!
Marshal
Old 03-18-2018, 01:46 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by oldgto
Space Coast Plating in Melbourne has been around for a LONG time. I`ve had several pieces done there, starting with GTO bumpers almost 30 years ago! They are not cheap, but they do excellent work. Last thing I had done was the halo roof trims & rear bumpers...

I`ve boxed & shipped parts to them, and they used to have a deal where you drop parts off at a local body shop, and their truck would pick it up, and return it to that shop when it`s done, but I don`t know if they`re still doing that or not.
Thanks Jim, I will see how much they want for the few things I need done. Love your car color. Sweet!

RVZIO

Old 03-18-2018, 02:46 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

I"m in a burb of Jax/NE Fl......and so have a VBP repro that is way too wide by over 1/2 inch on each side ....

and I understand it's a common complaint on ALL the repro front bumpers.....so the question is, can the chrome shops cut out some metal, weld/grind it nice and rechrome it all or just the work area??

OR the second thought to just have the welding done/ground down and the silly thing powder coated black metallic, front and rear......

see below for pix, like to hear opinions.....

Old 03-18-2018, 08:23 PM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by marshal135
OldGTO,
They look great!
Thank you!
they sorta play a game with you.
The guy gives me a quote of 500.00 for the pair and when I go to pick them up its now 550.00?
Yes, "EPA" fees, etc.... be sure to get a quote for "bottom line...all fees, etc."
Originally Posted by rvzio
Love your car color. Sweet!

RVZIO

Thanks RV!
Originally Posted by mrvette
the question is, can the chrome shops cut out some metal, weld/grind it nice and rechrome it all or just the work area??
I think I`d do the cutting, welding, & grinding myself, THEN send it to the chrome shop.... based on my past experience, AND with their "labor rates".

Get notified of new replies

To Florida Chrome Shops

Quick Reply: Florida Chrome Shops