Sponsored by:

tach drive cable clip question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Lyndwood
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts
Default tach drive cable clip question

ok so I want to change out my tach drive cable and I can get my fingers up to the back of the tach but cant figure out which way the clip needs to be activated to release the cable. If your laying on the floor and you have your hand up on the back of the tach, on the cable were it connects what way do you activate the clip to release. would it be a push towards the tachometer or pull out towards the firewall or what?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:12 PM
69FASTFUN
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 142 Posts

Press towards the tach housing
The following users liked this post:
Lyndwood (04-01-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Tonio
Drifting

Received 281 Likes on 226 Posts

Yup, pull towards you. I just replaced mine this weekend. Took about 20 seconds. But I had a buddy push the new cable towards me as I pulled the clip on the tach.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:22 AM
Lyndwood
Pro

ok a couple months old but i removed my old cable with no issues, accept a tight fit fro my hand. I got the new cable on the tach post but it does not seem to be on all the way. I tried pushing it on further but it doesn't go anymore, should the retaining wire (the one you push to remove the cable) be on the new cable or around it to capture it or does it stay in front of the cable end (between the cable end and rear of the tach. i was expecting to here a "clip" or feel one when I slid the new cable on the post. am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-24-2018, 11:27 AM
Lyndwood
Pro

ok, 3 minutes later and i solved my own problem, I had to spin the inner drive on the exposed end to get the one end to drop it into the socket on the tach then the outer cable end snapped into the retaining wire.

Get notified of new replies

To tach drive cable clip question

Quick Reply: tach drive cable clip question