Sponsored by:

1977 Anti theft.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 07:11 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by iwasmenowhesgone
Why don't you just remove all that useless garbage? Its not worth the time or money.
OUCH!

So far this thread was doing good with information and guidance but there is generally someone who has to bring a negative vibe to the thread when they feel it does not suit them. Nothing constructing in your comment at all.

It seems like you just sat down on a horseshoe pit stake.

You feel strongly about things on your Corvette that you seek options and advice on...and when people reply and do not get in line with your intensity on it... and when they comment in a manner that does not suit you...you get all frazzled.

But here you are just...being rude. It matters to them.

Lighten up.

DUB
Old 05-16-2018, 08:47 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,414 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Blah blah blah

Originally Posted by DUB
OUCH!

So far this thread was doing good with information and guidance but there is generally someone who has to bring a negative vibe to the thread when they feel it does not suit them. Nothing constructing in your comment at all.

It seems like you just sat down on a horseshoe pit stake.

You feel strongly about things on your Corvette that you seek options and advice on...and when people reply and do not get in line with your intensity on it... and when they comment in a manner that does not suit you...you get all frazzled.

But here you are just...being rude. It matters to them.

Lighten up.

DUB
Yes master.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 AM
DUB
Race Director

Literally

Some people...

DUB
Old 05-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Default Mirror

Originally Posted by DUB
Literally

Some people...

DUB
Look in the mirror.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:05 PM
DUB
Race Director

Look in the mirror.
I do...and when I do....I am glad that I am NOT like you...but I am glad that I get to read some of what you write and get a good laugh from you.

NOW...go tell your dad that you got his password for the forum and he needs to change it.

Because your dad does come across as a very intense person who wants things a specific way and to perfection. Which is fine..but you getting on the forum and acting like a child is something else that does not seem to match his character that I have come to except it to be.

SO...good bye....who ever you are....because you are ridiculous.

DUB
Old 05-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Back to the original poster subject, and my original comment, after being distracted by Dub and his bickering

As I said in my original post, my suggestion is to scrap all the "alarm" components, as a solution or alternative to trying to make it all work. Unless you are trying to win some NCRS competition with a 77 Corvette, the alarm system is just a factory option that really doesn't do much other than blow a horn. I took all the parts out of mine, and now I never have to worry about it failing. Its an alternative that has merit, and was an option I thought would be useful to post.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 05-17-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:09 PM
DUB
Race Director

You wrote:

Why don't you just remove all that useless garbage? Its not worth the time or money.
Then you wrote this:
Back to the original poster subject, and my original comment, after being distracted by Dub and his bickering

As I said in my original post, my suggestion is to scrap all the "alarm" components, as a solution or alternative to trying to make it all work. Unless you are trying to win some NCRS competition with a 77 Corvette, the alarm system is just a factory option that really doesn't do much other than blow a horn. I took all the parts out of mine, and now I never have to worry about it failing. Its an alternative that has merit, and was an option I thought would be useful to post.
You obviously can not see it. The first quote is NOT like what was written in the second paragraph in the above quote.

Because if someone is asking to get the alarm system working..THEN it is important to them...kinda like how your bumpers fit on your car are important to YOU.

DUB
Old 05-19-2018, 07:01 AM
JillsVette
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default heater motor

I did read somewhere quite sometime ago the heater motor runs all the time when the Key is in the run position but was not sure if that was a correct statement. The heater does operate normally then based on this and statements above. True we are not making a show car but its just a detail with me that if its repairable then I would like to make it work. We have no issues with battery drain while the car is in long periods of storage. Fixing the alarm, A/C and speed control would just add resale value to the car. I could argue the point that these are not necessary and a waste of time and money, these items could be just a simple fix except for the A/C and I am ok with that. I have the skill and ability just need a few pointers along the way. My wife has already told me if the A/C doesnt get fixed she will just pull the T Tops and enjoy it.

​​​​​​​Matt
Old 05-19-2018, 09:01 AM
DUB
Race Director

Matt,
So have all of your repair concerns or problems been addressed?

DUB

Quick Reply: 1977 Anti theft.