Sponsored by:

Build / Line Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:28 AM
74 TTop
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build / Line Ticket

I had a 1965 International 1100D Pick up truck where I was able to find an original copy of the original line ticket that was used to build the truck. Being the IH family is rather small compared to GM/Chrysler and that 4 letter word that starts with an "F" that Mom never told me to say, I was wondering if anyone knows of a web site, or even a place to send a snail mail request to, to find an original build ticket for my 1974 C3? At the moment it's mildly customized, and I am not entirely sure on going back to all original only because the color that it is right now is the Dark Brown...... and I am not much of a fan of that color. However the price was right on it so.

Any suggestions or help there? I don't get back on here much so a PM might be best?
Attached Images   
Old 05-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi 74T,
Welcome!
First Post!

I'm afraid there's no source for a duplicate of the original 'Corvette Order Copy' for your 74 Corvette.
Nor is there a source for the information that it contained.

One of the Corvette Order Copies was glued to the top of the gas tank as the chassis made it's way along the assembly line and another copy was often placed behind the dash... sometimes between the tachometer and speedometer or behind the radio.

There might be a chance that one or the other might still be in place.
If you check and find one be especially careful handling it because the paper has typically become quite fragile... especially the one on the tank.

I wish there were better news but there's not.
Not having the sheet won't diminish the fun you can have with your 74 though!
Regards,
Alan

A typical tank sheet location... but sometimes it's on the left side of the tank.

The sort of information the sheet contains including the options the car was ordered with.

Last edited by Alan 71; 05-08-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:54 AM
74 TTop
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi 74T,
Welcome!
First Post!

I'm afraid there's no source for a duplicate the original 'Corvette Order Copy' for your 74 Corvette.
Nor is there a source for that information that it contained.

One of the Corvette Order Copies was glued to the top of the gas tank as the chassis made it's way along the assembly line and another copy was often placed behind the dash... sometimes between the tachometer and speedometer or behind the radio.

There might be a chance that one or the other might still be in place.
If you check and find one be especially careful handling it because the paper has typically become quite fragile... especially the one on the tank.

I wish there were better news but there's not.
Not having the sheet won't diminish the fun you can have with your 74 though!
Regards,
Alan

A typical tank sheet location... but sometimes it's on the left side of the tank.

The sort of information the sheet contains including the options the car was ordered with.
Thanks. I do know that the tank had been replaced so it won't be there I'm sure. I can check under the dash or behind the radio though. Thank you for the input!!!!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

FWIW: the time/build code for your car is in the upper right corner of the trim tag. The date is the month and day your car reached the station on the assembly line where the tag was attached. Your car may not have been completed on that day, but, at the least, you know it was in the works on the trim tag date.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:58 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
I'm afraid there's no source for a duplicate of the original 'Corvette Order Copy' for your 74 Corvette.
Nor is there a source for the information that it contained.
By 1974, the Corvette Order Copy was replaced by the GMAD landscape style manifest that included all sorts of broadcast codes for the mechanical equipment. The location was the same...fuel tank but if its been replaced then the manifest, or buildsheet would have either been saved or discarded.

In addition to the dash or tank, buildsheets have been found under the jack, carpet but these finds are the exception rather than the rule.

Hope this helps!

Get notified of new replies

To Build / Line Ticket

Quick Reply: Build / Line Ticket