LT-1 Owners Thread - Page 6 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT-1 Owners Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Chapter2
CF Senior Member

Those numbers seem high to me. According to that guide, my '72 air LT-1 with every option should be valued at $65K. Not happening, I'd say closer to $55k, I'd take that for mine!

Last edited by Chapter2; 10-04-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:02 PM
firstgenaddict
CF Member

Originally Posted by Chapter2 View Post
Those numbers seem high to me. According to that guide, my '72 air LT-1 with every option should be valued at $65K. Not happening, I'd say closer to $55k, I'd take that for mine!
HONESTLY... If you are one who drives your car at all - a 10k discount to a 100% fresh flawless restoration is about right... Think about what it would take HOURS and money wise to put even an infrequently driven show car back to fresh professional restoration level -- tires, battery, maybe front carpets and a drivers seat cover.. plus 20-30 hours min to completely clean, detail and then correct anything chassis and engine bay wise, zinc, zinc phosphates, dichromates, etc.
IF you go buy a car, build the engine, do the chassis, paint it, interior etc you are in WAY over 65k. I could have bought a nice completely there to smog wrong color 72 LT1 ac coupe for 26k. by the time you take it apart, strip it, paint it and then get back together you are in it WAY too deep.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:14 PM
firstgenaddict
CF Member

Originally Posted by EarlyC34me View Post
Finally took my first drive in a year. Car is back together.

Fittings like this are not for fuel...AND DEFINITELY not on the pressure side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT-1 Owners Thread

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: