Sponsored by:

Paint shops

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 AM
thelal1
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Paint shops

Any one know of any good vette paint shops in North Myrtle Beach, SC.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:48 AM
raven1708
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am curious about this as well. I live in Myrtle Beach. My 69 has been in the shop for just about the 2 year mark to have a front clip put on and painted and last i check still sitting to the side. Going to give it a little more time before i pull it out to have it transferred to a different place and go see about trying to recover funds for deposit i gave. When dropped off told that it could take up to 1 yr, but pushing 2 with nothing done kinda at my limit of waiting.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:29 PM
JayRay
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by raven1708
I am curious about this as well. I live in Myrtle Beach. My 69 has been in the shop for just about the 2 year mark to have a front clip put on and painted and last i check still sitting to the side. Going to give it a little more time before i pull it out to have it transferred to a different place and go see about trying to recover funds for deposit i gave. When dropped off told that it could take up to 1 yr, but pushing 2 with nothing done kinda at my limit of waiting.

I would not let mine sit a year at a shop untouched, much less two years, that car is nothing more than an after thought to them now. Would they not put you on a list and let you know when to bring it in, that would be worth $100 deposit at most.

Last edited by JayRay; 07-12-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by raven1708
2 years, thank God I know how to do all myown body and paint work. It would not have sat there 2 months.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:19 PM
ENCSDOUG
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Most body shops prefer quick turnaround insurance jobs and will not take a classic project car and even harder to find a shop that can work a fiberglass vette. My shop took 8 months and would work it between insurance jobs.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 PM
68/BB
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I would recommend Richards Corvette in Moncks Corner/Goose Creek area. Probably an hour or so from Myrtle Beach. I have no idea what his current backlog is but he is pretty much Corvette only and I think his work is excellent. He is also a super good guy and I believe him to be trustworthy.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
raven1708
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was initially quoted a year for the job because i was told it would of been done in between jobs/Saturdays. I really didn't mind that amount of time because it gave me time to pick a lot of the missing parts i needed. But except for the windshield wash door and mechanical, and the ac system components i have picked up everything else i needed. So i been pushing the shop the past couple of months to push forward. Engine is pulled out and i am going to look for a shop to go through it and get it running. I even bought a engine test stand to have it running outside the car and let it break in a little because the engine was previously decked and rebuilt but never had oil or anything put back in (previous owner that had car before me but didn't finish the restoration job and for what ever reason stoped half way). So not to hijack a thread but if anyone knows a good mechanic in the Myrtle Beach area i am looking for one as well.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:31 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

If you are inquiring by geography, you should post in the Regional section:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/

Get notified of new replies

To Paint shops

Quick Reply: Paint shops