Ryan R. 1980 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 11:43 PM
24rlee
Heel & Toe

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I have seen a few of the oyster colored interiors they look good. It would really look good with the blue you were talking about. If you decide to go black PM me I have some parts I couldn't use on the conversion I did to mine. I have to admit I like it in yellow though..
Old 08-26-2018, 04:56 PM
mrit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the regulator is seized and penetrating oil doesn't work, you should remove it from the door and hit the pivot point with a propane torch. I used a garden weed burner and cooked it till the red rust turned black/disappeared. In just a couple minutes it will "burn" the rust out.

Both regulators were seized on my '77 when I bought it and now work perfectly fine.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Radster859
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I am finally back working on the vette, had to put the project on hold because my parents and I decided I should focus on college apps and school. Now that I am admitted (attending UTD for Computer Science), I can get back to working on the car.

Quick list of things that I got done but did not post about:
Did borgeson conversion
Finally figured out how to remove the window regulators (were actually rusted so had to resort to dremel work)
Stripped interior

All this went pretty well, but I ran into yet another few issues which could use clarification. Earlier today I was going to take the vette out for a cruise (havent driven it in a few months) and was unable to get the car to reverse. Well, turns out the car leaked all of its transmission fluid onto our driveway but, when I checked the dipstick it still showed as full despite the engine being warm. Is there any explanation for that and should I be more concerned?

Also, when I opened the hood to check the fluid, I noticed white smoke (not steam) coming from the passenger side of the engine around the center of the exhaust manifold. What are the potential causes of it coming from just the left side in a fairly small area?

Thank you, I should be far more active on here as we approach summer

Quick Reply: Ryan R. 1980 Build Thread