Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

‘70 Red Corvette LT-1 in Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

I agree however, the vin is listed and tied into this thread. If you google search the car, likely this thread will appear.... Welcome to Google searches. It can be scary what you can find if you want to.

I again, just want to reiterate, I personally could care less about this listed car, just the basis of what was said in such a negative connotation, when the person representing the statement has no personal knowledge of said car.

Bottom line, if you are going to comment about any spacific car, please just get the correct knowledge before you say it is a________.
The following users liked this post:
rickimvette (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 10:24 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Bajaholic
I agree however, the vin is listed and tied into this thread. If you google search the car, likely this thread will appear.... Welcome to Google searches. It can be scary what you can find if you want to.

>>> scary? Perhaps but i like finding all the dope on people who wrong me.

I still and this isnt a poke at you just my viewpoint believe that one guy or even a thread saying a certain car is in their opinion, overpriced or junk or whatever, will have much bearing on the type guy who is in the market for such a car they will do their own looking and thinking.<<<

I again, just want to reiterate, I personally could care less about this listed car, just the basis of what was said in such a negative connotation, when the person representing the statement has no personal knowledge of said car.

>>> i believe or hope its more a principal to you than this specific car but if negative remarks upset you perhaps net forums arent your thing, ever been to yellowjacket or even the seamy underbelly here called "off topic" ? Those with thin skin better put on body armor <<<

Bottom line, if you are going to comment about any spacific car, please just get the correct knowledge before you say it is a________.
Wouldnt that apply to not just a specific car but about anything,
No, people on forums do not have to be nice or coddling or even accurate they can spew anything they feel like spewing,
Many times i find people raging dbags but its how forums are.
Here i know they dont allow personal attacks but how in the world could members expect modarators to verify every word posted on here, and if a guy feels like a car is junk or a product sucks let him say so, otherwise its would get rather boring.
In this case i believe a lot of people will agree if a lt1 doesnt sell at a great price what IS wrong and it's more likely the car has flaws than the one buyer was out taking a dump when it passed the block

Old 11-11-2018, 11:50 PM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The13Bats
Wouldnt that apply to not just a specific car but about anything,
No, people on forums do not have to be nice or coddling or even accurate they can spew anything they feel like spewing,
Many times i find people raging dbags but its how forums are.
Here i know they dont allow personal attacks but how in the world could members expect modarators to verify every word posted on here, and if a guy feels like a car is junk or a product sucks let him say so, otherwise its would get rather boring.
In this case i believe a lot of people will agree if a lt1 doesnt sell at a great price what IS wrong and it's more likely the car has flaws than the one buyer was out taking a dump when it passed the block
Everyone has an opinion...

I am likely the farthest from thin skin you will ever meet. For my occupation I hear peoples stories every day and have to decipher what is true, misrepresented and flat out lies. One common denominator: Those that know the least,or are the most guilty, generally make the most noise.

I guess I spent too much time this weekend trying to help suggest a settlement for a case much like what is suggested here. A person, who had no first hand knowledge made numerous accusations about a spacific product which ended up being false. The accusations were picked up locally in a open forum (FB) and did in fact appear to cause harm to the seller of the product.

I will admit, the seller should have been clearer in the listing which would have clarified a number of questions. After the fact, due to the publicity, he was in his mind forced to sell the product at a lower price.There in lies the third parties ruling of this loss.

Here is where everything got muddy, had the person making the accusations inspected the product in any way first hand, he would have had 0 liability, it is then an opinion. But since he hadn't and made accusations that were found to be false, by law is now liable for the loss and damages.

It is a sue happy world out there, I say do what you want or criticize all you wish. Pick a situation to pieces, but first have the facts and personal hands on knowledge of a item, before you make any derogatory accusations. This is of course on a spacific item when commenting about its quality or value. Free speech can have consequences.

Last edited by Bajaholic; 11-12-2018 at 01:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rickimvette (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:05 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Everyone does have an opinion,

Why didnt you say you were an attorney ?

Now i can pester you with all kinds of questions,

Okay, neither you or me care about the threads car,
As far as negative remarks made in speculation about this or any cars condition let me go this way for your opinions,

I cant start to count all the "how much is it worth" threads then threads with customs or threads asking "should i"
Not always but many times cars are bashed and trashed hard, some really mean nasty stuff said said and 99.9% of the time the noisy negativists have not seen the car they are just speculating and assuming from their experences not unlike how you make assumitions about clients,
People will say their opinion is the car is a pos or buttfugly or must have issues or problems,
It's gonna keep happening , its what forums do.

I dont know you or your c3 knowledge so let me ask,
As i speculated before when a car like this threads car or any rare desirable c3 doesnt sell yet is priced at or below going rate is it a reach to assume it has problems,
Thats an opinion many would share, whats your feeling on it?

Old 11-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

I am not an attorney, My background is in Collections/Repossessions/Business Consulting and I am a car guy with a obsession for Corvettes. Currently I am a consultant on a mitigation case, to attempt to settle before they file in the court. I am not sure why I was picked, but both sides appear to trust my opinion and in the past the cases I have worked with the main Attorney firm, have all worked out amicably.

I think we are actually on the same page.... We ALL agree if something doesn't pass the sniff test, likely there is some type of reason or issue that concerns us. It is a natural progression of what we have seen and heard over the years.

Here is where it gets complicated, If you express it as a opinion there may be something wrong, you are good. But if you make a statement there IS something wrong, that becomes a fact and you are now making a statement, in fact.

SIMPLE Solution: If you think, before you state, confirm! The only post in this thread that crosses the line is 13.

Any other time, I like you, would have probably just shrugged it off and moved on. But because of the things I have seen recently and dealing with this current case, I am seeing a check about to be handed over and really wanted to warn more than scold. My intentions were on point, but apparently my deliver sucked.

Last edited by Bajaholic; 11-12-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:28 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Baja,
Sorry, You made it sound like you were an attorney.

You will never please everyone,
Things ive learned about net forum etiquette,
One thing for sure with all the different types of members. And personalities and tone is basically missing in type no way to have a perfect all round delivery,
i have noticed not many people are warm to the know it all, the belitting types, scolders, the attention ******, walking piles of fertilizer, you get the idea.

I re read post 13 again and perception comes in you see my take was since he hadnt gone and and inspected the car his use of "has to be" was speculative opinion, only a figure of speech, semantics.

Quick Reply: ‘70 Red Corvette LT-1 in Missouri