Sponsored by:

Differential rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 04:58 PM
66kootenaycoupe
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential rebuild

Looking for recommended rebuilder for my diff in BC or Alberta Canada.
thanks

Last edited by 66kootenaycoupe; 01-19-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:33 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

Not sure what shipping would cost, but if you can't find anyone local you could send it to Bairs in PA, USA. They send you a special shipping box and UPS picks it up.

http://www.bairscorvette.com/c3.html
Old 01-21-2019, 09:48 PM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

I dont know how capable you are, but with some care, a little bit of research, new bearing kit, ring and pinion gears and posi clutch pack, you can do it yourself. Im lucky, I have access to the correct tooling. I think I spent a grand total of $600 to totally rebuild my differential. Its holding up to big h.p.
I just have little faith is some of the rebuilders. For instance, I talked with a guy about renting a case spreader for my dana 44 I had in another car I had. To do it right you need a case spreader. This guy told me a big sledge hammer knocks the carrier in just fine. Oh gawd!!! Yrs ago, I paid a hot rod shop good money to install a new ring and pinion into my 12 bolt Camaro differential. It lasted just a few thousand miles before coming apart, I rebuilt it at work with my buddy who was into hot rods. Of course many of the guys I worked with were, as we worked for a famous drag racer who's nephew still drives top fuel cars to this day. Anyhow, no mystery to rebuilding one. Care and access to correct tooling is all you need.

Get notified of new replies

To Differential rebuild

Quick Reply: Differential rebuild