Sponsored by:

Wiper door alignment help request

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Sunset Orng 05
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Wiper door alignment help request

Is there a way to adjust the alignment on the wiper door? I've looked in the AIM and did a search on this forum but I couldn't find a solution to the problem I'm having. The door opens and closes fine but the passenger side does not seat flush with the fender. If I manually push it down it will go flush but does not stay in place. I recently replaced the bushings in the mechanism where it attaches to the door but the problem existed prior to that. The distance that both the front and back of the door need to be adjusted is the same. The door closes perfectly on the drivers side. Thanks in advance for any inputs that can help.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:19 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset Orng 05
Is there a way to adjust the alignment on the wiper door? I've looked in the AIM and did a search on this forum but I couldn't find a solution to the problem I'm having. The door opens and closes fine but the passenger side does not seat flush with the fender. If I manually push it down it will go flush but does not stay in place. I recently replaced the bushings in the mechanism where it attaches to the door but the problem existed prior to that. The distance that both the front and back of the door need to be adjusted is the same. The door closes perfectly on the drivers side. Thanks in advance for any inputs that can help.
Read through this and continue to the next page that comes up. Hope it helps.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/2524551-wiper-door-adjustment.htmlhttp://www.c3vr.com/vrforums/procedure-for-rebuilding-wiper-door_message415208.html

Last edited by caskiguy; 02-20-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Forgot attachments
Old 02-20-2019, 06:51 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

it could be that the nuts that hold the wiper door mechanism to the cowl needs to be loosened and allow the CLOSED wiper door to drop down.

I have also removed the two nuts that hold the vacuum actuator pod on the bracket and see it the door drops down. Becasue the rod can be slightly adjusted out to much and bottoming out on the backside of the actuator pod. IF it is still binding and needs help to go down by pushing on it and you have removed the vacuum pod form the bracket ( no need in taking it all the way off).....and you do not see any damage to the linkages...then I would drop down the door by loosening the mechanism and fixing it that way. ASSUMING that when I do this I am not allowing the wiper door grill to sit to far down under the edge of the top hood surround.

DUB
Old 02-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

the retainers on the fire wall on my 68 seem to have some adjustment to them, you could loosen the middle and passenger side and push the whole lpassenger side of the assembly down to get it level, then tighten it back up. Then loosen the drivers side and tighten it back up to retain its alignment but to release any bind that moving the other side may have caused.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper door alignment help request

Quick Reply: Wiper door alignment help request