Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 12:39 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Received 212 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Seat Belt Recommendations?

We need new belts in our '77. Any recommendations on some quality belts that won't break the bank? We do want a set with shoulder harness (stock replacement type). This is not a NCRS type build, so I don't need the GM logo etc.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 06-14-2019, 01:17 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SMF
I had Seatbelt Solutions in Jupiter Florida do one for me when the retractor locked up and I needed a replacement. They did a great job, matched my original belts perfectly, and didn't hurt that their location was close by for me. Ask for Eric Dellinger, the operations manager or Jonathan Lloyd, they will treat you right. Here's the link. https://www.seatbeltsolutions.com/corvette
Thanks SMF - I'll check them out!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamMeh
We need new belts in our '77. Any recommendations on some quality belts that won't break the bank? We do want a set with shoulder harness (stock replacement type). This is not a NCRS type build, so I don't need the GM logo etc.

Thanks,
Adam
I got mine from these folks Adam....http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/

Craig
The following users liked this post:
AdamMeh (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 12:36 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Street Rat

Craig
Hey Street Rat - Thanks for the head up. I hadn't heard of this company. How was the fit / finish when installed?
Old 06-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

Craig
Me too. Did a good job.
AdamMeh (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 01:56 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Duke94
Me too. Did a good job.

Hey Duke - did you have them rebuild your belts or purchase new from them? I'm looking for new belts due to changing the interior color.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

Hey Duke - did you have them rebuild your belts or purchase new from them? I'm looking for new belts due to changing the interior color.
I had them rebuild my stock belts. They'll use whatever color webbing you want. Doesn't have to be the original color.
AdamMeh (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Hey Street Rat - Thanks for the head up. I hadn't heard of this company. How was the fit / finish when installed?
Yes they did an exceptional job. I purchased a factory type replacement kit. Not expecting anything fancy, I was quite surprised at the attention to detail.

Craig
AdamMeh (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 05:48 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Duke94
I had them rebuild my stock belts. They'll use whatever color webbing you want. Doesn't have to be the original color.
Nice... I hadn't thought of going that route, but it sounds great. Thanks Duke.

Yes they did an exceptional job. I purchased a factory type replacement kit. Not expecting anything fancy, I was quite surprised at the attention to detail.

Craig
Thanks for the feedback SR - Much rather find someone through word of mouth than go in blind. Appreciate it.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Hi Adam. I also bought a set of one piece lap/shoulder belts from S Oil for my 69. The stock ones were fine but my wife complained about having to do up the lap belt, then try and attach the shoulder belt, then have the shoulder belt belt come off if you looked at it wrong.
They were cheap, look great and flat out work with no modifications at all. I still have the original in a box but these were well worth the money.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 06-15-2019 at 06:40 PM.
AdamMeh (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 06:52 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
Hi Adam. I also bought a set of one piece lap/shoulder belts from S Oil for my 69. The stock ones were fine but my wife complained about having to do up the lap belt, then try and attach the shoulder belt, then have the shoulder belt belt come off if you looked at it wrong.
They were cheap, look great and flat out work with no modifications at all. I still have the original in a box but these were well worth the money.

Wow - they look even better than I thought they would. Is this what you purchased? http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=3PRLS
Old 06-15-2019, 06:58 PM
orourke
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Heres another option. https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/catego...eat-belts.html I just bought the rollbar shoulder harness set for my 1967 GT-500. The only company that reproduces them. I'm very happy with the belts. They look OEM.
AdamMeh (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 07:27 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by orourke
Heres another option. https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/catego...eat-belts.html I just bought the rollbar shoulder harness set for my 1967 GT-500. The only company that reproduces them. I'm very happy with the belts. They look OEM.
Thanks Orourke - I have looked through their site, and was leaning towards their belts until I saw the prices on the one mentioned above. I appreciate the help.

Adam
Old 06-15-2019, 09:05 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Wow - they look even better than I thought they would. Is this what you purchased? http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=3PRLS
When I purchased them it was about 5 years ago. They didn't have the red logo on the belt like on the page you posted and look sort of stock if you didn't know that a 69 had two piece seat belts. They actually had a clip on the front of the seat bottom to keep them from dragging around on the floor and the shoulder strap would just pop right off if you moved. Kind of worthless. Those aftermarket belts bolt up to the stock location and even though they are not correct, they work, are cheap, and you don't have to make any modifications to bolt them in. Your biggest deal is making sure the original belt bolts on the floor pans are soaked in WD40 or whatever for a couple of days just in case they don't want to come out. Seized seat belt bolts is (are?) pretty common...

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 06-15-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 PM
DavidandJoansVette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by orourke
I also used seatbeltsplus. Unfortunately my grandson wrecked his car before I gave them to him. Returned for a refund with no problem. Would use them again,
Old 06-16-2019, 08:25 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Adam i'm Eric mentioned in the thread as the one at Seatbelt solutions, I left the company over a year ago but I would go with the economy line (link below to Seatbelts Plus) for $189 they are a direct bolt in application for your car without the factory matched webbing material and GM logo buckles as you stated wasn't something you needed. They don't come with the sleeve that holds the buckle up but if you have yours you can reuse them provided they are in good shape if not order them separate.

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/produc...477D-Dual.html
SMF (06-16-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Belt Recommendations?

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Recommendations?