National Corvette expo

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 09:01 AM
Golfobsessed
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 379 Likes on 231 Posts
Default National Corvette expo

Hello all, my wife and I are heading to Tennessee this week, we are planning on going to the expo in Pigeon Forge on Friday... couple questions if anyone can help.
I can't find anywhere online to purchase tickets, is this event free admission and/or can tickets be purchased on site same day.
Is this an outdoor event or indoor (supposed to rain Friday)
I am still searching for a nice original low mile 80-82 corvette, are cars for sale at this event or a "for sale" area?

thanks in advance
Old 03-18-2023, 10:58 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Golfobsessed
Hello all, my wife and I are heading to Tennessee this week, we are planning on going to the expo in Pigeon Forge on Friday... couple questions if anyone can help.
I can't find anywhere online to purchase tickets, is this event free admission and/or can tickets be purchased on site same day.
I haven't been to the Corvette Expo in at least 5 years, and it's moved twice since I was there last, but tickets were always sold at the door in the past. The Coopers, who promote the show, have always run it pretty loosely. I don't ever recall them pre-selling tickets. Even as a vendor, I didn't always have to prepay for swap spaces. If you called and said you were coming they'd hold your previous year's spaces, and you paid when you got there. I highly doubt that you'll wait in line for tickets, at least not for more than a couple minutes.

Is this an outdoor event or indoor (supposed to rain Friday)
When it was at the Sevierville Convention Center, the concourse car show and most of the vendors were indoors, with the car coral, and overflow vendors outside. There was also always a "wash n shine" type show outside. I assume the set up's the same or similar, now that it's in Pigeon Forge.

I am still searching for a nice original low mile 80-82 corvette, are cars for sale at this event or a "for sale" area?
There always was a car coral in the past, and they also use to have a pretty good auction, though I heard they dropped that.

As I said, the Coopers always ran the show a little loosely. It was never as professionally run as some of the other shows, but I always enjoyed going to it.

For me it just doesn't pay to make the trip from NJ anymore. The swap spaces have gotten a lot more expensive since they moved from Knoxville, and they got smaller so I need more spaces. Hotel rooms are a lot more now that it's in Pigeon Forge too, but the big thing is there just weren't enough buyers there anymore, too justify the added expense. A lot of other vendors like Keen and Lonestar have dropped it for the same reason.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:03 AM
Golfobsessed
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gbvette62
I haven't been to the Corvette Expo in at least 5 years, and it's moved twice since I was there last, but tickets were always sold at the door in the past. The Coopers, who promote the show, have always run it pretty loosely. I don't ever recall them pre-selling tickets. Even as a vendor, I didn't always have to prepay for swap spaces. If you called and said you were coming they'd hold your previous year's spaces, and you paid when you got there. I highly doubt that you'll wait in line for tickets, at least not for more than a couple minutes.

When it was at the Sevierville Convention Center, the concourse car show and most of the vendors were indoors, with the car coral, and overflow vendors outside. There was also always a "wash n shine" type show outside. I assume the set up's the same or similar, now that it's in Pigeon Forge.

There always was a car coral in the past, and they also use to have a pretty good auction, though I heard they dropped that.

As I said, the Coopers always ran the show a little loosely. It was never as professionally run as some of the other shows, but I always enjoyed going to it.

For me it just doesn't pay to make the trip from NJ anymore. The swap spaces have gotten a lot more expensive since they moved from Knoxville, and they got smaller so I need more spaces. Hotel rooms are a lot more now that it's in Pigeon Forge too, but the big thing is there just weren't enough buyers there anymore, too justify the added expense. A lot of other vendors like Keen and Lonestar have dropped it for the same reason.
thanks gbvette62, our kids/grandkids live in Cosby TN. about 45 mins from Pigeon Forge, we go visit them every year... just going this week to go to the show as well, probably wouldn't make the trip otherwise. Thanks for the info and good to know, will be worth the 45 minute drive... I hope.
Old 03-19-2023, 12:51 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,202 Likes on 2,757 Posts

Even my wife would go on that trip! We would stay in Townsend or some similar location to get better room rates...
which translates to "Mo Money for Car Stuff"
Old 03-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Golfobsessed
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by doorgunner
Even my wife would go on that trip! We would stay in Townsend or some similar location to get better room rates...
which translates to "Mo Money for Car Stuff"
lol, we stay in Cosby area and because I travel for work almost weekly all our travel is free with points... so planning on spending allot if the right car is there for sale.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:52 PM
Geralds57
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 596 Likes on 361 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Tickets at the gate. Hopefully no rain but chances are it will. Vendors are inside and outside. There are normally cars for sale outside, so you might find what you’re looking for. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Golfobsessed
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Geralds57
Tickets at the gate. Hopefully no rain but chances are it will. Vendors are inside and outside. There are normally cars for sale outside, so you might find what you’re looking for. Good luck.
thank you, showing rain both Friday and Satuday so will watch as it gets closer and go the better day.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:25 PM
olDW17
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Only a 6% chance of rain on Friday for Pigeon Forge. Saturday is a chance of rain in the morning then clearing. Of course it could all change overnight.
There is free Corvette parking and you pay when you enter the parking lot.
Quiet a few vendors outside and several inside.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:17 PM
Golfobsessed
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by olDW17
Only a 6% chance of rain on Friday for Pigeon Forge. Saturday is a chance of rain in the morning then clearing. Of course it could all change overnight.
There is free Corvette parking and you pay when you enter the parking lot.
Quiet a few vendors outside and several inside.
great, in Cosby now heading to the show first thing in the morning for the day
Old 03-24-2023, 05:16 PM
Volfandt
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Was just there today (Friday) Sunny with temps in the high 70's. Unfortunately calling for rain Saturday early in the AM then clearing and sunny & mid 70's expected by the afternoon. As for the show, 100's of Vettes all over the place. from C1 to C8 and all in between. There's a good showing of parts in the swap meet. Can probably build a C2 or C3 from what's available from frame to engine. Bring your pocketbook as the prices are what you'd expect for Corvette parts...
$15 to get in and that covers both inside & outside. The conf center holds quite a few cars & parts and will keep you dry show the clouds part.
Definitely a Corvette happening.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:47 PM
Jarhead 74 Vette
Pro

Received 257 Likes on 153 Posts

I’m likely going tomorrow (Saturday), so may see some of you guys there.

Get notified of new replies

To National Corvette expo

Quick Reply: National Corvette expo