Ranting about Life

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 08:08 PM
blue427
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Bailey78
Lol. Yeah i hear ya.
I truly enjoy what I'm doing to the car.
I just had a bad week and today was the kicker.
I have a limited amount of income. And between the massage therapist an the dryer dieing just pissed me off. I will figure something out I always do.
Looks like some redneck ingenuity is going to come into play.
Have your wife give you a massage and show her what a clothes pin is. Problem solved.
The following users liked this post:
Bailey78 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 06:37 AM
stevedinino
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Hey man I’m sorry about your shoulder slowing you down. Hang in there, it’ll get easier.

By way of example: I was in year 5 of my 1 year rebuild plan when I finally got it to a driveable state. My first drive out I heard rear end noises and needed to pull the diff for investigation… and tore something in my bicep doing it. Even though I got the diff sent off for rebuild my condition meant an extra 6 months recovery before it went back together.

The good news: I’ve had it on the road now for over a year. It was all worth it, even the injury. Makes for good stories lol.

Here’s to hoping we read about your cars triumphant return soon!
Bailey78 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 12:18 PM
Bailey78
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedinino
Hey man I’m sorry about your shoulder slowing you down. Hang in there, it’ll get easier.

By way of example: I was in year 5 of my 1 year rebuild plan when I finally got it to a driveable state. My first drive out I heard rear end noises and needed to pull the diff for investigation… and tore something in my bicep doing it. Even though I got the diff sent off for rebuild my condition meant an extra 6 months recovery before it went back together.

The good news: I’ve had it on the road now for over a year. It was all worth it, even the injury. Makes for good stories lol.

Here’s to hoping we read about your cars triumphant return soon!
​​​​​great to hear your driving your car.
I've come to realize that my plan of having a driving car in six months may not happen. But that's Okay I still have a goal. Sorry to hear about your tearing up a bicep and I hope you made a full recovery.
I'm waiting for an appointment to get a M.R.I. to see what damage I have.
Hoping it doesn't require surgery.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:23 PM
Bailey78
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blue427
Have your wife give you a massage and show her what a clothes pin is. Problem solved.

Lol. Yeah she has been helping me with it.
An she knows all about a clothesline.
However she does laundry for the Hunting and Fishing Club she works at. We don't have enough lines to hang it all on. The local laundry mat is getting a little extra business this month is all.
blue427 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 12:29 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,902 Likes on 2,566 Posts

Greetings from New Braunfels......
If you need parts....Billy @ Gulf Coast Corvette's is a great guy.......he's up in Humble.....

Jebby
Bailey78 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 12:44 PM
Bailey78
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jebbysan
Greetings from New Braunfels......
If you need parts....Billy @ Gulf Coast Corvette's is a great guy.......he's up in Humble.....

Jebby
Hey Thank you Jebby.
Yeah I'm going to need interior parts when I start on it. Center console is busted up. Have a few missing pieces. I've looked online and have decided that used parts are going to be the way to go.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:01 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Like Mike Tyson says.... Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.... Life tends to punch us in the mouth more than expected. I was just about to pull the trigger on new front and rear speakers for the 82.... Wife calls yesterday.... "Theres a big staple in the sidewall of my car tire"..... 4 tires and $700. later, shes good to go and the 82 waits another 2 months for speakers...
The following 2 users liked this post by 81c3:
1971CorvetteII (09-19-2023), Bailey78 (09-14-2023)

Quick Reply: Ranting about Life