Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some Seat Belt parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:11 PM
2lt1vettes
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Seat Belt parts

Hey does any body out there have one of those plastic cover and housing assembly for the spring on the retractor for the seat belts for an 79-82.
That is the only problem I have with mine, IT'S NO WHERE TO BE FOUND) the spring is there but the whole rest of the housing is GONE.. looked every where and nothing.
So if any one has an old belt assembly laying around, I could realy use that part. It is for the passenger side if it makes a difference.
Please let me know what you have so I can put the car back together and cruise with the wife(don't like to cruise without her).

Thanks in advance..
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 PM
LYLE
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have a you pick salvage yard the springs were the same on some other GM models. Have a pattern of the one you need and L&R are the same. The back seat of old caddys may have what you need.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:05 AM
2lt1vettes
Instructor

I will try that in the morning. Good idea. Will keep you all posted
Old 07-21-2006, 01:36 PM
2lt1vettes
Instructor

Well I just got back from salvage yard hunting and could find nothing that would work for what I need.
Kind of a wasted morning, 3hours and 2 salvage yards in 95 degree heat digging in old car carcases(mini hot boxes ) to find nothing.
Every thing I found seemed that the spring casing was to wide to fit a wider spring.
So I could really use some help please some body if you have what I am looking for please let me know..

Thanks Scott
Old 07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
LYLE
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I repair the retractors and have springs up to 75 corvettes. If you could e-mail a picture of the good side and the spot the one you need goes I will see if I have the part you need. A measurement of the thickness and the diameter of the one you have would help. I think I have a 78-79 belt but it may be different.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:19 PM
2lt1vettes
Instructor

PM sent to Lyle

Get notified of new replies

To Need some Seat Belt parts

Quick Reply: Need some Seat Belt parts