C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BB Headers for the 71 "Finally Found Them"

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:24 PM
luerja
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default BB Headers for the 71 "Finally Found Them"

Well I found Headers for my 71 454 4 speed car. Sanderson Streetrod Headers was the place. These are made just for Corvette Big Blocks.

These are ceramic coated shorties so i can use them to hookup to my side pipes without any modification to engine compartment "so they say".

Sunday is the day they will go on because Monday morning bright'n early I will give my neighbors a wake up call as i fire up the open headers to drive a few blocks and get the headers hooked up to the sidepipes.

I will post pics of before and after install

Last edited by luerja; 06-10-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good pics!

Today, I ordered a set for my SB. No one else had what I needed, 1-7/8 headers that fit angle plug heads. I also ordered the ceramic coating (which looks pretty good). I like the way Sanderson sets up the flange to form a good seal on the heads. I want to hook them up to side pipes also. What side pipes are you using? Stock ones?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 AM
carbster09
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I like 'em!

I like Sanderson's products! I also really like the cast units too. They kinda look "period". Please let us know how you get on. I have HEAT issues big time here in Texas and yes I have dyanmated the car with a double layer!

How much were the headers and where did you get them? I am still thinking of having gessler port my stock manifolds, to have some HP, with a "sleeper" look.

carbster09

What about the sidepipes? Coated or wrapped at the header end?
Old 06-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by carbster09
How much were the headers and where did you get them? I am still thinking of having gessler port my stock manifolds, to have some HP, with a "sleeper" look.
I just went to their website (sandersonheaders.com). There's a price list there.

Get notified of new replies

To BB Headers for the 71 "Finally Found Them"

Quick Reply: BB Headers for the 71 "Finally Found Them"